• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Where is the best place to buy bulk dried pods?

The local sports grill has asked me to create a spicy food challenge. I have concocted a fiery recipe that requires some Bhut Jalokias. I dont mind using my stash a few times but I want to find a place that I can buy dried pods here in the states. Can someone point me in the right direction?

RazorBack said:
The local sports grill has asked me to create a spicy food challenge. I have concocted a fiery recipe that requires some Bhut Jalokias. I dont mind using my stash a few times but I want to find a place that I can buy dried pods here in the states. Can someone point me in the right direction?

No Bhut Jolokia here, but a lot of other flavorful varieties. Habanero powder seems to be only chinense possibility at the moment, but they have had whole habanero pods before...
http://www.dagiftbasket.com/

It's probably much easier to find chili powder. I tried some eBay Bhut Jolokia powder and was pretty happy. I think my own peppers are a bit hotter but it's an easy way to add a lot of heat an flavor.

ZanderSpice said:
It's probably much easier to find chili powder. I tried some eBay Bhut Jolokia powder and was pretty happy. I think my own peppers are a bit hotter but it's an easy way to add a lot of heat an flavor.

Yea, I found 1/2 pounds bags of dried jalokias on ebay for $28. Doesn't seem too bad. I am not the one paying for it....the bar that I am doing the challenge for is. :)

Back