• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Where the hell are the slugs?!

I have only seen one slug this year so far, and it was not even near the garden (salted it anyway though :P so much fun :lol:). Yet... I have still noticed many holes--some nearly perfectly circular, others anything but--on the leaves of many of my pepper plants. I wanna kick some ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm not so sure I know what's eating my pepper plants' leaves. There's been very little rain until yesterday too. Could there be something else eating these leaves? I don't wanna get medieval on their asses, but if I find out what's doing this... they're gonna pay for shooting up my ride.

Edit: Okay... you can probably see the Duke Nukem references. :D

i've had the same issue with slugs this year, i was wondering if it was a me problem. be persistant and check your plants at night and morning, it took me a couple of weeks to track several of them down but i think i got the problem ones, i put out slug bait as well adn a dish with beer

*was never a duke nukem fan, but i caught the reference :)

They will spend the dry days under the pots or even in them, in your drain holes. Every night before I go to bed I go out and start some slug genocide and wander around my plants for about 15 min picking them off and squishing them.

You guy can keep 'em. :P What's weird is that they were *everywhere* last year... and this year, they're nowhere. Then again, it did rain a lot more last year...

I had the same issue and feel less lonely now, after reading the post. I wish I could use sluggo, but my dog would eat it and die. I have many beer traps and am using eggshells as well.

While on the subject of pests and holy leaves, I actually found one (tiny) slug just now near a plant (probably just left it; salted it). I did notice a lot of earwigs on the plants. Would those eat holes in the leaves? Should I start going after them? Or would something else be eating the leaves? If so, control of those might be harder to do... I want to avoid dangerous chemicals if possible.

Earwigs will eat holes in your plants. Dont know how to get rid of them because I have never had them so sorry I couldnt help.

Back