• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Which are the best tasting Habenaros

Does this include all (semi) boxy-shaped C. chinense varieties, or does it have to have 'habanero' in the title? 'Madame Jeanette' is really something special flavor-wise.

Jam Hot Chocolate....Congo's
Spicy Mustard...Mustard Habs
.....though after try some of Vladan's Mili Habanero powder, that one is gonna be interesting to try fresh.
And of coarse these may not be ACTUAL Habaneros, but of the ones typical to the "label" these are my favorites.
Never tasted a "sweet" Hab ever.

I'm going to place an order with Judy for more chocolate habs when she gets a new shipment in. She is currently out of them right now. My caribbean Habs are growing like crazy..

was it bonnet shaped?

Sorry didn't see your post. These are them, no bonnet shape. I had them labeled
as red scotch bonnet. My favorite powder last season.

DSCN0829.jpg

I like the white habs, been thinking about dipping some in chocalate and leaving them in a bowl for an interesting Easter get together with familty. ;-)

Ive never tasted the Chocolate Habs before, or any of the choclates for that matter. I had some Jam Hot Chocs going good last year and getting ready to rain an abundace of pods, but then the cold got em. As for the white habs I had many unsucessful attemps till last year I got one going good, threw it on hydro and put it outside and the thing grew huge and was forming tons of pods, but it met the same fate as my Jam Hot Choc.

I like orange habs as they seem to carry an apricot type flavor. The red Habs have a more fruitier flavor that seems to start out almost cherry like but its not cherry, the taste is pretty complex. Yellow hab varieties seem to lean more towards a citrisy taste. Cili Goronongs taste somewhat pineappleish and Fataliis are lemony like and Datils are like both of these. The fruity taste they have, is more of a hint of, or remininscence, rather than straight up front in your face fruit taste. But pairing them with their fruit counterparts makes some awesome sauces. Last year I made an apricot orange hab sauce and a pineapple Cili Goronong sauce that were just killer. I also powdered some Carribean Reds with toasted coconut that made a sweet hot powder.

Sorry didn't see your post. These are them, no bonnet shape. I had them labeled
as red scotch bonnet. My favorite powder last season.

DSCN0829.jpg

not saying they aren't bonnets, but those look like plain ol' Red Congo (habanero) pods...

Shut it? Why, its a great question
He just wants to know if we're talking all C. chinenses or just limited to real habaneros

Back