• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Which is the better name for a pepper database?

Which is the better name for a pepper database with wikipedia style functions

• Total voters

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Just curious, which name do you prefer for a pepper database that has wikipedia style editing? Keep in mind it would still use the memberbase from here and be a section of the website, but the domain would be used to go to the database directly and for branding purposes.

Pepperpedia sounds like a website with pepper pics. Could be me...

peter-pepper-1-1024x548.jpg

Serious replies/votes, please.

I like pedia more than wiki, so, given the choices, I pick pepperpedia.com.

Others would be THPedia.com or TheHotPepperPedia.com

Last edited:
Wikipepper?

Went with pepperpedia.

Is there anything copywrite related with anything wiki- ?

Nah it's a dictionary word and there's tons of wikis.
Wikipepper?
WikiPepper doesn't make as much sense as PepperWiki since it's a pepper wiki. PepperPedia has the better flow imo and it could be considered the encyclopedia of peppers so...

Thats what pepperpedia sounds to me. An encyclopedia of peppers. A Wiki-something sounds ...less factual??? A lot of wiki posts seem anecdotal whereas a 'pedia sound more science/ fact based.

Just an impression.

Wiki just signifies it can be edited by the public or a designated group. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia in the wiki format. The software that powers it is MediaWiki. I appreciate your input and interpretation. PepperPedia could also signify the wiki format simply due to it being a play on words of Wikipedia. And yes, it's an encyclopedia (of peppers) as well whereas some wikis aren't. So to me it works, and I see it leads the votes.

Wiki just signifies it can be edited by the public or a designated group. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia in the wiki format. The software that powers it is MediaWiki. I appreciate your input and interpretation. PepperPedia could also signify the wiki format simply due to it being a play on words of Wikipedia. And yes, it's an encyclopedia (of peppers) as well whereas some wikis aren't. So to me it works, and I see it leads the votes.

I tend to follow salsalady's line of thought. "-Pedia" sounds as if it is more vested in knowledge than "-wiki". Emphasis on "sounds", of course.

You can still vote if you want but thanks for the votes

Pepperpedia
The encyclopedia of peppers

Back