• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

which new grow has you most excited

I'm excited for my overwinters to get out in the sun. I want to see how quick they take off and fruit up. (although I battling a bug issue, they're doing well)

New sprouts; I'm excited for my Bubblegum 7pot, SBJ7, cmpman1974's Not Black Naga mean red cross, Tepin X Jalapeno, Cajun Bells and .....well pretty much all of the varieties I haven't grown before...lol

Good luck to you all on the fruition of your future harvests!

I'm excited for my overwinters to get out in the sun. I want to see how quick they take off and fruit up. (although I battling a bug issue, they're doing well)

New sprouts; I'm excited for my Bubblegum 7pot, SBJ7, cmpman1974's Not Black Naga mean red cross, Tepin X Jalapeno, Cajun Bells and .....well pretty much all of the varieties I haven't grown before...lol

Good luck to you all on the fruition of your future harvests!

Cajun belles are awesome. Great pickling pepper!

I really look forward to seeing how my tepin is gona do. This is second year, what I'm most excited about are the chocolate varieties. Gotta love that smoky flavor without actually smoking, and best yet fresh.

,Vegas

About the only one I don't really care about is the red bhut.

About 1/2 my crop of seedlings is numerous varieties of 7 Pot, and am really drooling about the Primo vs Reaper taste test.

Honestly, it's the mix from ajijoe.... Other than that, rocoto and my annuum scotch bonnet and butch t cross.... Sadly, the butch t pod only had 6 seeds and for some reason the pods from the scotch bonnet plant I used the pollen from haven't been too hot compared to the other bonnet plant I have....

I am excited for all my peppers for various reasons (salsa, hot sauces, powders, etc). The most excited would be for the different chocolate varieties I am growing.

Chile De Agua
Guatemalan Chiltepe
Aji chinchi amarillo
Jalafuego F1 (I'm excited about a hybrid, yikes!)

And a bunch more I've overwintered like Zapotec jalapenos, Aji pinguita de mono, Aji Amarillo, and Aji Panca

I have 3 Trinidad Scorpions and 5 Habanero Chocolate plants growing in Miracle Gro compost with Chilli Focus, so I'm quite anxious to see how quickly they'll grow :D

Cant say that I am more excited about one variety or the other. this is my first year growing so i am excited and looking forward to all of them

7 Pot Nebru,Orange,Congo Gigantic. Yellow Brain Strains and Morougas, White and Orange Bhuts......and the rest of my grow list ;). I'm excited for them all!

Im really excited about golden Marconi's, my marconi x jalapeno F2s, any variations that could come from the Jay's ghost scorps or sepia serpents, all the white habs (perv, giant, jellybean) i got going plus 7pot white, yellow cardi scorps, yel moruga scorps, & yellow bb douglahs. and probably a few more that it not on my head right now.

I am excited to grow Bishop's Crown because it is thriving very well and I have yet to taste one. Photos and reviews have me totally psyched for them.
I almost got some of those. Let me know how they are!
Grew them last year...HUGE plant TONS of pods...sent out several MFRBs full and still had way more than I needed with only two plants. One in a 5# nursery pot grew to 6-7 ft and the in ground plant topped 12'! Taste was super sweet almost no heat in the flesh with a slight jalish heat in the placenta. Pods are a couple inces across and tall. They make nice stuffers, on salads or my favorite as a "table pepper" anyone can enjoy. Kinda like having one each mild, medium, hot and fire Taco Bell heat in one pod fully adjustable by how you eat them.

Excited about several this season...Reaper vs primo side by side will be cool, Yellow Billy Boy is going to exciting. Very favorite thus far sprung from a mystery seed from Romy6. Got several up and running, but with a couple phenotypes. I suspect a cross between his mystery (a 10' tall small podded annuum with great heat and flavor) and its neighbor in his grow which is a Goat's Weed (one of my favorites) Really stoked to see what traits it carries from each parent! Would be really cool to get his mystery plants size and pod shape with some Goat's Weed fuzziness and pods blackening.
Here are the two phenotypes so far...
8534385243_d7e053ddf3_h.jpg

8534383123_06cd916b86_h.jpg

8534383805_2f38b5f34e_h.jpg

Stem from plant of left

8534384481_f68aeabd97_h.jpg

And the one on the right...

Both budding, so shouldn't be too long before I get to see what the pods look like.

Back