• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Which Scorpion pepper sauce?

Ruid said:

Could you prank someone by putting a little bit of pure capsaicin in their bottle of Hot Damn or would the alcohol negate it?

Capsaicin requires a solvent like alky to be usable. That or heat it above melting point and hold it a while. Otherwise it's just another crystal.

Dave's Insanity Scorpion isn't too bad. Much less extract than the other drek they make.

Been dealing with capsicum cramps all nite and flaming ass syndrome twice sofar.  :D

So...i took both upto the shop and let them taste the Burns & McCoy. I warned them its pretty damn hot. Both the guys sampled it and BAM...i finally got them!!!! Gave them a bottle of the TPC Scorpion with a similar warning. Neither of them were upto sampling it while i waited.

Mission accomplished!!! :dance: :hot: :dance:

I know this is an old topic, but I searched for Gringo Bandito on the site and was surprised that not many people commented on it. I'm a big fan of the extra hot one (scorpion - black label, red sauce). It's not super hot (I have other sauces for that), but its got a really unique flavor, that's a lot more interesting on/in stuff than say Melinda's or regular Gringo Bandito. But I guess part of that's just the Scorpion taste. Also, its a lot more useful of a sauce than the regular Gringo Bandito, which doesn't go great with a ton of things.

Pimental said:
I know this is an old topic, but I searched for Gringo Bandito on the site and was surprised that not many people commented on it. I'm a big fan of the extra hot one (scorpion - black label, red sauce). It's not super hot (I have other sauces for that), but its got a really unique flavor, that's a lot more interesting on/in stuff than say Melinda's or regular Gringo Bandito. But I guess part of that's just the Scorpion taste. Also, its a lot more useful of a sauce than the regular Gringo Bandito, which doesn't go great with a ton of things.

First off I always think using an older topic that is relative to the current post a better idea than starting a new thread. 2nd is you're right, very little here and I'm not a fan of their online store especially using, "and can be found in the top 10 on Amazon.com's highest customer rated hot sauces amongst 5000+ other products". , when it's not even in the top 50, Amazon Best Sellers.... Granted that Amazon list changes often.... Another issue, for me,  is color coding the different flavors/heat levels.

Just my observation - YMMV..

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

First off I always think using an older topic that is relative to the current post a better idea than starting a new thread. 2nd is you're right, very little here and I'm not a fan of their online store especially using, "and can be found in the top 10 on Amazon.com's highest customer rated hot sauces amongst 5000+ other products". , when it's not even in the top 50, Amazon Best Sellers.... Granted that Amazon list changes often.... Another issue, for me,  is color coding the different flavors/heat levels.

Just my observation - YMMV..
It is funny how they say it's "consistently ranked as a top 10 selling Amazon.com hot sauce brand " - what "consistently" means here is definitely up for question. I know what you mean about the color coding. It is a new-ish sauce, but I like how they don't have like 10 different flavors. IMO, any individual sauce company should at most have 5 flavors, and 3 seems more reasonable. Just do a couple really really well! But that may not be the best business model in a very saturated market.

Anyways, the sauce has helped me appreciate the scorpion pepper a lot more than I used to (cite: an early post of mine complaining the scorpion wasn't enjoyable).

Well... it's actually go000od  :dance: !

Attachments

• tabsc.jpg
    tabsc.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 127
I gave up looking for Tabasco Scorpion locally. I guess its a online exclusive. I make something similar using Crystals as a base and adding some of my scorpion peppers to it. MUCH milder though than any other scorpion based sauce ive tried because several people i give it to really liked it.

Got 4 nice CARDI seedlings going now. Hope they grow true. I used seeds from last years pods but that plant was close to a Scotch Brain and others. Sofar i think they are my favorite super for flavor.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
I gave up looking for Tabasco Scorpion locally. I guess its a online exclusive. I make something similar using Crystals as a base and adding some of my scorpion peppers to it. MUCH milder though than any other scorpion based sauce ive tried because several people i give it to really liked it.

Got 4 nice CARDI seedlings going now. Hope they grow true. I used seeds from last years pods but that plant was close to a Scotch Brain and others. Sofar i think they are my favorite super for flavor.

Yes, in US you can only get it online to my knowledge. I remember getting it for around $10 from tabasco web store when I lived in Mass.
Now I live in Poland and just got a bottle for only $3.50 at the supermarket... Regular tabasco was sitting next to it for about $3 :confused:
It's a shame it's not sold at stop&shops, it would steal the superhots market I suppose! :shh:

portveyn said:
It's a shame it's not sold at stop&shops, it would steal the superhots market I suppose! :shh:

Hey Alex, Market Basket only has the "Green" variety (And Texas Pete's & other common variety types.) but the TABASCO Website now  has 

TABASCO BRAND FAMILY OF FLAVORS GIFT BOX which includes below:

TABASCO Original Red Sauce
TABASCO Green Jalapeño Sauce
TABASCO Cayenne Garlic Pepper Sauce
TABASCO Habanero Sauce
TABASCO Chipotle Sauce
TABASCO SWEET & Spicy Sauce
TABASCO Buffalo Style Sauce

(7) - 5 ounce bottles for 32 bucks seems like a bargain (Haven't a clue what S&H might be.)!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Hey Alex, Market Basket only has the "Green" variety (And Texas Pete's & other common variety types.) but the TABASCO Website now  has 

TABASCO BRAND FAMILY OF FLAVORS GIFT BOX which includes below:

TABASCO Original Red Sauce
TABASCO Green Jalapeño Sauce
TABASCO Cayenne Garlic Pepper Sauce
TABASCO Habanero Sauce
TABASCO Chipotle Sauce
TABASCO SWEET & Spicy Sauce
TABASCO Buffalo Style Sauce

(7) - 5 ounce bottles for 32 bucks seems like a bargain (Haven't a clue what S&H might be.)!

Nice!
I remember I ordered a mixed pack there 5 years ago when they offered a free shipping for some reason.
And later on I placed another order to try the new stuff they came out with right before Christmas (2018 I think).

I remember there were good ones and bad ones, no in-betweeners :shh:

Good sauces were:

Scorpion (very hot, tasty, yet not deadly)
Family Reserve (slightly thicker than original tabasco with a different vinegar used making the difference)
Original (yes, it's good, you know :dance: )
Habanero (used to be the only really hot sauce to find at superkmarkets)

The rest I have never finished :liar:

PS The green tabasco is cute

If anyone is still looking for a scorpion sauce, I can recommend Psycho Juice 70% scorpion.
https://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/product/psycho-juice-70-scorpion-pepper/
I bought some for a friend and then after tasting it reordered for myself.
It's too hot for a straight up dipping sauce for me but the flavour is delicious.
Really pepper forward (as you'd expect) and fruity with heat that builds. Very spiky on the tongue!
I get glassy eyes and hiccups after a few seconds but always go back for more.
They are based in the UK but looks like they now ship internationally too.

Tabasco has free shipping atm for orders of $40 or more. So i ordered 5 bottles of sauce.

3 Family Reserve for a fathers day gift
1 Scorpion
1 Rocoto
Free ground shipping code: SHIP4DAD

On a side note I LOVE The High Rivers Rogue. Not nearly as hot as the others but delicious and super low sodium too. Great sauce for under $9. Probably close to a 5-6/10 on heat but a solid 9/10 on flavor.

I would also suggest lucky dog black label. Really good hit of that “floral” taste from the scorpion peppers but the pepper doesn’t blast the pallet out and is incredibly tasty with a nice hit of garlic. Defiantly a favorite sauce of mine you can’t go wrong with.

Ive been using Lola's Scorpion lately because they had it on clearance and its very good sauce even at retail pricing. It is very mild though. Even the Reaper is mild. Personally i think the Lola ghost pepper sauce is slightly hotter than the other 2.

Nice simple ingredient list and very low sodium too.
10.-T5-OZ.png

Back