• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

White Bhut Jolokia Sauce

Hi

I have some white bhut jolkias which are fruting very nicely and I think I'm in for a a bumper crop. Does anyone have any hot sauce recipes for the WBJ? I don't really want to mix up the chillies I'd rather use just the WBJ so that I can experience the taste of the chilli as these are starting to look really good. 

portreath said:
Ah we do have access to plenty of Mango here, so 'that' as the man said 'Sounds like a plan'! Thanks for the link that sauce looks great.
I used this combo was delicious
Pineapple hot sauce

1large pineapple
Fatali and ghost peppers
1/4 tsp ginger finely grated
1 small jar apricot jam optional
4 large mango
1 roasted onion
1 head roasted garlic
Lime juice
Your favorite vinegar

I made a similar pineapple based sauce recently, but I am new at this so keep that in mind :)

Recipe:
  • 120 g. Pale Yellow/Orange Habanero (deseeded)
  • 62 g. Ginger
  • 112 g. sweet onion
  • 500 g. Pineapple
  • 21 g. Garlic
  • 1 Zest of Lime
  • 20 g. Sea Salt (2.5%)
I wanted to keep the color yellow so went with the just turning Habs I found a my local grocery. Also thought the ginger and lime would compliment the pineapple well. It is was just started over the weekend, but the airlock smells phenomenal.

THP gurus, if you see something in my recipe that you would have done differently, please let me know.

image_zpszgxzrk5n.jpg

JohnsMyName said:
I made a similar pineapple based sauce recently, but I am new at this so keep that in mind :)

Recipe:
  • 120 g. Pale Yellow/Orange Habanero (deseeded)
  • 62 g. Ginger
  • 112 g. sweet onion
  • 500 g. Pineapple
  • 21 g. Garlic
  • 1 Zest of Lime
  • 20 g. Sea Salt (2.5%)
I wanted to keep the color yellow so went with the just turning Habs I found a my local grocery. Also thought the ginger and lime would compliment the pineapple well. It is was just started over the weekend, but the airlock smells phenomenal.

THP gurus, if you see something in my recipe that you would have done differently, please let me know.

image_zpszgxzrk5n.jpg
That colour looks amazing. Is this what you call a fermention?

Back