• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense White Habanero Anyone..?

I was wondering if any memebrs in here have grown the White Habanero Pepper? I should be getting my seeds in the following days..This will be the last Pepper I purposely wanna grow..:D

But ANy info and Personal experiances would be highly appreciated..!

I received some White Bullet Habanero seeds from Kato, some of them germinated and I only 1 lived. But I've planted the last seeds last week and are eagerly awaiting the hatching process.

imaguitargod said:
I received some White Bullet Habanero seeds from Kato, some of them germinated and I only 1 lived. But I've planted the last seeds last week and are eagerly awaiting the hatching process.

AWESOME GUITARGOD!!:D

Keep me posted week by week!

So is theyre germination rate high? And what method did u use?

Turkey said:
AWESOME GUITARGOD!!:D

Keep me posted week by week!

So is theyre germination rate high? And what method did u use?
Well germination rate is based on quality of seed. My germanation rate was slow and small the first time but this second time around they seem to be doing better. One just hatched this morning...small...but happy. I usually soak them overnight before I plant them in small pots filled with Sunland Organic Potting Soil.

My white ammo were very slow last year and slow again this year, as well as my 1 germinated Giant white hab which is very slow too. The white ammo/bullet when pickled look like garlic so fool your friends.

imaguitargod said:

I grew a couple of white habanero plants that I got from Cross Country a few years ago, and I have to say, I wasn't particularly impressed. They weren't bad, just kinda boring. I'd be interested in hearing about what you think of the White Bullet's taste and production.

I have 10 White hab Plants on the grow. Had no problem with germination using the soak and weak tea method.Here is one of them:

Wh_apr28.jpg

I have a few more but this is all I could find, these were transplanted on March 4th into these 4-1/2 inch containers. I pinched buds for a very long time on all my plants but now I cannot keep up with them. These plants are very prolific to say the least.

whitehabs003.jpg

whitehabs001.jpg

Dale

Woo THERE HERE!!!!

Im gonna soak them in water and Plant tommorow!
Now I need help should I plant them in Jiffy Pots or in Miracle Gro Seed Staring Mix..The Jiffy pots are the peat moss things in the little plastic dome so should I go wit that..? Or should I just plant them in Miracle Gro..?

Also I was wondering if I should cover them...? U knoe with a plastic or somthing for the humidity?

MIRICAL GROW! Jiffy Pots suck! Just get the soil nice and soaked and you should be fine. Covering it will make it too moist and plus, pepper plants like to have the dirt dry out brifely when being germinated, it helps them move faster.

imaguitargod said:
MIRICAL GROW! Jiffy Pots suck! Just get the soil nice and soaked and you should be fine. Covering it will make it too moist and plus, pepper plants like to have the dirt dry out brifely when being germinated, it helps them move faster.

I thought you didn't like Miracle Grow....:?:

LOL..But Prgress so far ..well I see nuthing..LOL!!

but I really want white habs!! SO C'MON LITTLE FELLAS!!

Turkey said:
LOL..But Prgress so far ..well I see nuthing..LOL!!

but I really want white habs!! SO C'MON LITTLE FELLAS!!

Three have sprouted! So far I'm winning...oh wait, what do you mean we're not racing.... :D

Back