• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense White Habanero Anyone..?

Um..well since my last reply I only got 2 succesfull sprouts..and there being treated very SPECIAL!! lol Umm..they look like they wanna get there first leaves..but no deal..

Turkey said:
Um..well since my last reply I only got 2 succesfull sprouts..and there being treated very SPECIAL!! lol Umm..they look like they wanna get there first leaves..but no deal..

I'm down to three plants...

hello Turkey and others in this thread. i also have grown white hab (white bullet) overwintered it and have transplanted it outside. what i have seen; my plant is very bushy and very productive with small pods. Fresh the pods have a very nice flavour leaning heavy toward lemon/citrus and the pod size is great for using fresh. not everyone would like to add an entire regulat sized habanero to a hot dog. for drying they are a pain to deseed but the powder is also very nice with good heat, but a milder flavor.

one suggestion i would make if planting in the ground, try to plant in a raised garden so you can get underneath it to harvest your pods, it is the best and easiest way to see them all.

{just what i have found out from my experiences - others may get thier own results.}

koolguymike said:
hello Turkey and others in this thread. i also have grown white hab (white bullet) overwintered it and have transplanted it outside. what i have seen; my plant is very bushy and very productive with small pods. Fresh the pods have a very nice flavour leaning heavy toward lemon/citrus and the pod size is great for using fresh. not everyone would like to add an entire regulat sized habanero to a hot dog. for drying they are a pain to deseed but the powder is also very nice with good heat, but a milder flavor.

one suggestion i would make if planting in the ground, try to plant in a raised garden so you can get underneath it to harvest your pods, it is the best and easiest way to see them all.

{just what i have found out from my experiences - others may get thier own results.}

no problem about the tips.

here are 2 pic (pretty much the same)
sorry i dont have pics when they were babies.... had a labeling mix up so didnt know what was what at small sizes.

enjoy them, i think the way they grow is pretty neat.

Michael:onfire:

Well there developing there first set of true leaves..and the sad part for me is that theres only two of them..

IMG_0189.jpg

Looks a lot like my Giant White Hab which sure isn't giant. Its about three months old and still tiny, but at least its healthy looking.

Wow!! ALl nice pics..! ANd yes its exciting..LOL

Potawie..ur giant pepper is huge.LOL.wow 3 months..Its still a nice looking plant!! Hunter..Ur plants is a beatiful specimen! (tryng to sound smart)..GOod job How old?

"How old"

Planted: 20th February
Germinated: 25th February
Transplanted: 5th May
Today : See picture above (About 3 months old)

110 degree plus heat, strong winds and too much direct sun shocked the plants so that they lost almost all their leaves. I reckon my bad transplanting lost me about a months growing.

Back