• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

White Habaneros?

grew the peruvian variety in 2011 and liked them very much, ive got them in pots and hoping to keep them alive til the spring.

i wouldnt mind growing something with larger fruit if it has the fruity flavor of the bullet type

i obtained the seeds from pepper joes, it does not say what version of white habs they are...from the pics on his site i would say yucatan white habanero but im not sure
whitehabanero.jpg

Wow Those White Peppers are the Nicest ive ever seen, specially the little ones, i can tell the middle ones are habaneros and beautiful i must say

i obtained the seeds from pepper joes, it does not say what version of white habs they are...from the pics on his site i would say yucatan white habanero but im not sure
whitehabanero.jpg

The description unfortunately does not list the size of the pods:
WHITE HABANERO
This rare and novel pepper was worth the wait! A smaller, ivory white hot dynamo with a lot of punch. What an awesome white sauce it makes. Handle with care. This one is "Hotter-n-a-Texas-Sidewalk-in-July". Try the White Habanero in your Habanero recipes.

My hunch from the proportions I can see in the photo is you have the variety that produces pods that are up to 2 cm long.

How many seeds have you tried to germinate thus far?

Last season I sowed 5 seeds that were not from the best source and ended up with 3 plants. I didn't have much trouble germinating them and I don't remember them taking too long to sprout.

Will take a photo of the white hab I have growing courtesy (explanation no.1 :) ) of one mr JR (not sure what he described them as Peruvian White bullet??) . They are healthy easy to grow and stay low. And bare good amounts of great tasting parcels of heat ... had a few tonight actually

Back