• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

White Peppers

Hi,I've been growing hot peppers for a few years now,and,here recently I've been getting into the white colored peppers. I have white bhut jolokias growing(seeds came from Judy) and white bullet habaneros growing.
My question is,what other types of white peppers are there? I know of the 7 pot white,and the two mentioned above,but,I'm sure there are others. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Wayne

There's actually quite a few white peppers out there if you are looking for things that aren't superhots. Judy has a few more types of whites on her site as well. One I can think of off the type of my head is a called "Blonde", which Judy carries.

Another one she carries is "ARIBIBI GUSANITO (PI 543203)"

Jim Duffy carries what he calls the Giant White Habanero, which others refer to as the White 7 Pot.

I'm also fairly certain that there are some bell peppers that are white when they aren't ripe. I believe they ripen to red though.

I have some Ivory cluster hab seeds from Ajijoe. Could have tossed some in your box if I knew you were looking. I can always send you an envelope tho I have way more than I would ever use myself.

I have some Ivory cluster hab seeds from Ajijoe. Could have tossed some in your box if I knew you were looking. I can always send you an envelope tho I have way more than I would ever use myself.

Thanks David,I have a separate addy that I'm gonna be using for a bit. I'll pm you

There's actually quite a few white peppers out there if you are looking for things that aren't superhots. Judy has a few more types of whites on her site as well. One I can think of off the type of my head is a called "Blonde", which Judy carries.

Another one she carries is "ARIBIBI GUSANITO (PI 543203)"

Jim Duffy carries what he calls the Giant White Habanero, which others refer to as the White 7 Pot.

I'm also fairly certain that there are some bell peppers that are white when they aren't ripe. I believe they ripen to red though.

Thanks. Will definitely check them out

Most of the varieties mentioned are not really white..they all tend to get yellow or pale yellow when grown under full sun.
I have one variety I called snow white that stays white until fully ripe:

snow_white.jpg

Most of the varieties mentioned are not really white..they all tend to get yellow or pale yellow when grown under full sun.

snow_white.jpg

Those look awesome. May have to check those out also. Thanks man

I have seeds of these snow white pepper but didn't germinate unfortunately. These Coyote zan mentioned is realy an Italian variety called "Zanna di coyote" or "Dente di coyote" which literaly means coyote's fang (or thooth).

snow_white.jpg

I was just going to mention Snow White. It is one of my most favouritest varieties/plants. :)

Back