• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Who has the best Butch T plant?

Sweeet, GPS. :cool:

Since I stopped spraying insecticides, I have spiders crawling all over my garden now. Although I'm debating whether it's a good thing... they seem to have gone into overdrive since I released predator mites to deal with my broad mite problem and the buggers are building intricate predator mite catching webs all over my plants! I can't win! :lol:

This guy was gonna get culled back in march because I ran out of room. I decided to just let it grow by the window to see if it would live. Its 5' tall now with only the window light, in a 7 gallon root pouch. Still not a single pod off it, but I kinda like the look of the plant, I might just save it as my houseplant pepper :P

You get a "like" for getting it to grow so well (albeit leggy :P) in what looks like a dominantly dark corner. :lol:

I have my plants growing very close together (just didn't have the room to grow them differently). I'm getting good results though :). I doubt close to the best in this community, but it has been one of my best producers this year.

My TS Butch T. is the big plant in the middle on the left hand side.
7689154320_ef8782ca4f_z.jpg

Pods on one of its branches:
7820511422_29d880dfe4_z.jpg

The pods I've been picking have had wonderful stingers:
7820522418_4fdcd39d3d_z.jpg

Mine are the best nar nar! :)
05CD45F1-E7DE-412F-9AF4-90A35AE430F9-1651-0000032D31BB7060.jpg
Oh crap! They haven't sprouted yet! :(
Nice jiffy pots lavatung Lol your seeds come from me , and i grew my butch t plants from seeds i got from neil and neil grew the butch t from seeds he got from butch himself , so you could say you are growing there seeds. but the best pic iv seen id say is a pic from POTAWIE that i have seen online.

You sure no cross polination happened along the way?

I took all my superhots from my raised bed and potted them up.

Thought I'd bump this one up.

Being late in the season for some growers, there should be some good looking Butch T plants out there producing up a storm.
I have a few that are, but have some really big plants that maybe only have produced 8 peppers between both of them. Have all kinds of flowers, but way too late in season here in SW Pa to even be thinking I'll get peppers off these two plants.

After all this is about your best Butch T plants. Believe it not there are only maybe a dozen of peppers on these 2 plants right now. They stand just under 5 1/2 feet tall are are just under 7 feet wide measured together. Seeds were from pepperjoe. Fertilized in the beginning with an overdose of Oscomote for Vegetables mixed in the soil. Did half strenghth Miracle Grow twice early season then CaMg, Flower Boost and the Epsom Salt spray when they flowered. Really don't think I over did the fertilizing as there are 2 Ghost Pepper plants next to them that grew about the same. I had to cut the Ghost Peppers foilage back as they have too many pods on them that the cages couldn't hold them up. Mostly just flowers that probably not make it anyways to ripe pods. Can see the difference in pic.

So here's mine. i also put pics of 2 Butch T plants that I grew in 5 gal. pots. Same seeds from pepperjoe. No Oscomote but did water and fertilize all the same.

It's alive! :dance:

IMG_8153.JPG

(left)

I've moved my plant now.
its getting even bigger.
my early small pods are ripening, really only have one pod with a stinger.
P1030242.jpg

P1030243.jpg

That's a beast of a plant Super David :cool: ... but are you sure they're ButchT's?

(or maybe they just look funny 'cause they're baby pods--and yellow because of the lighting?)

I'm not even sure anymore I risked it and bought seeds on ebay from what looked to be a reputable seller..had pictures of plants with home made sign next to it.
gave seeds to my friend and he grew what looked and tasted like butch t. Grew my own seeds and so far I really only have one that has the shape of a scorpion.
Those ones have ripened and turned yellow...but dont seem to be going red. my friends scorpion from the same lot of seeds turn red pretty quickly after going yellow/orange.
so i dont know anymore...I was just hoping they didnt have the scorpion shape because thats a winter plant under no stress. but now the shape isnt right and now It looks like the colour isnt right. all from the same pack of seeds.

http://i1120.photobu...zpsa3619cd9.jpg

Can I ask why can't I paste a pics like I see some folks do here..........I have to have to copy a photobucket link each time.....I tried re-sizing the pic from 2.5 MB pic to 845 KB file.........and did copy but it will not paste.........what am I doing wong here...........

Hey Trini, when your in photobucket just copy the image n come back here n then your able to paste it here... Give it a try...

Back