• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Who has the best Butch T plant?

IMG_0543.jpg

Not the best at all, but it's the one on the left, seeds planted early july.... about a foot tall, it's taking it's time to grow.... Just started branching....

My only Butch T plant. This pic was from August so it has grown alittle taller. A cool and prolific plant,but I am not blown away by the flavor.
2012-08-21_20-02-57_845.jpg

2012-08-21_19-17-00_710.jpg

I think I may have a contender.

gallery_7416_58_105966.jpg

My one and only Butch T plant from pepper joes seed stock. I had a disastrous experience with my seedlings last spring (I had my brothers promise to keep them watered over the weekend---which neither of them did... and I only had one Butch T survive the drought.... I will never make that mistake again) Furthermore, I went on a 39 day vacation over the summer around the country and left the Butch T in care with my mother, who barely ever watered it and when she did it was watered with chlorinated city water... and was barely alive when I returned. The results you see are the product of only 2 months of real growth from a skeletal stick with leaves and a few flowers. All of this goes to show that the Butch T Trinidad Scorpion is genetically a beast.

The plant was organically grown from a home-made soil media... and only fertilized once (with home-made worm castings after the first crown of peppers began to fully ripen).

Here are some frozen pods...(there are currently no ripe, fresh pods to show)

gallery_7416_58_5233172.jpg

Back