• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who here has the most varieties of Seed?

Chris doesn't know.
And like me,the list grows all the time.
Sometimes on a daily basis.
I just know I have at least the number I counted last time.I have a TON I haven't messed with yet.
I can't grow 400 plants 2X a year anymore(800 varieties,strains or crosses-1 plant of whatever).
I lost my grow space and went to bigger pots.

Since Chris likes crosses a lot , the possibilities are endless as far as numbers collected goes. :)

I have not counted them honestly. It's just one project I never got around to. There are a lot of seeds though. :)

Yes, I love crosses Smokemaster. I enjoy all odd stuff. The odder the better. I doubt Mark has as many, especially since he seems to be away from the hobby, the last few years (to my knowledge).

Chris

I have about 30 or so types but I'm only planning on growing a few types for my own use. I'm not really into growing every type of pepper out there and every new type, I pretty much only care about the following I use for sauces:

Peach Ghost Scorp
Not Black Naga
Carribbean Red
White 7
Scarlet Lantern
Bishops Crown
Chocolate Bell
Cayenne

I was actually doing a search to find out what the difference was between Purple de Arbol, Chile Negro de Arbol, and Goat Weed, since I have seeds for all three, but not space to grow them all this season. Smokemaster, I was actually wondering if they were different names for the same thing. Could you elaborate on the differences between them?

As far as how many seed varieties I have, I certainly don't come close to the big boys here, but looking at my most recent seed list on my computer, which was done over a year ago, it's over 200. Probably closer to 250 by now, since I made several purchases, and participated in some big seed swaps this past year.

I'll be growing around 60 varieties this year, and only about 20 of them are repeats.

I was actually doing a search to find out what the difference was between Purple de Arbol, Chile Negro de Arbol, and Goat Weed, since I have seeds for all three, but not space to grow them all this season. Smokemaster, I was actually wondering if they were different names for the same thing. Could you elaborate on the differences between them?

As far as how many seed varieties I have, I certainly don't come close to the big boys here, but looking at my most recent seed list on my computer, which was done over a year ago, it's over 200. Probably closer to 250 by now, since I made several purchases, and participated in some big seed swaps this past year.

I'll be growing around 60 varieties this year, and only about 20 of them are repeats.

There was a discussion about the fuzzy types among other things in the Pepper ID section that Smokemaster posted in. I have a type that grew very tall with mostly upright pods that go from green, to tanned black, to red.

from what im gathering there all different species, you will get many species that are so similar sometimes that its hard to tell them apart

i actually have a species similar to them as well called TRI-COLOR CAYENNE and its hard to tell the difference between it and PURPLE CHILE DE ARBOL the one difference is the leaves and stems are a little purple where as the ARBOL is green, goat weed on the other hand is different both in that the plant is hairy and the fruit seems to be a little shorter and fatter
i hope this may help a little

thanks your friend Joe

So I wonder if there is a difference in heat level or flavor?

For now I've put all three on my growlist, but finding space in the garden when it comes time to plant out may be a problem.

So I wonder if there is a difference in heat level or flavor?

For now I've put all three on my growlist, but finding space in the garden when it comes time to plant out may be a problem.
im not sure about the two arbols flavor-wise but the Goatweed has an average cayenne-like flavor but with a touch of sweetness, i know there damn hot but as in comparison to the arbols i dont know

thanks your friend Joe

I'm down around 500 varieties... hoping one day to have as many as chris or smokemaster haha.

haven't been actively trading for a bit though, been focusing on grad school.

After going through my database and checking all the envelopes in storage I can reliably say that I am well in the double digits with 11 total varieties. My first year for superhots so we'll see what my experimenting gets me.

Back