vendor Who Is Kaiser . . . Sterling

midwestchilehead

Extreme Member
For those of you with issues with Kaiser Seeds & Pepper Company:

I exchanged emails with Sterling's SO Shawna tonight on Facebook. She said that due to circumstances beyond their control, some orders were not timely filled and some payments were not timely made, but that anyone with issues could email her shawna@kaiserseedsandpepperco.com and that you would get a response. She also said that anyone with unfilled orders has received a refund. I hope it is true. Sterling's forum privileges have been suspended, so his website, Shawna's email or his Facebook page is probably the best way to get in touch with him.

Sterling and I started our budding chile businesses at about the same time, and his passion for spreading the heat seemed genuine. I hope he wasn't about fleecing folks and that other things just got in the way. Let me know if that isn't true.

I started a friendship with him as well. I am from Houston, originally, so we got to know eachother and had some things in common. Then he disappeared. IF he is "trying" to make things whole, I havent heard anyone on here say so. (Except for you, midwest.) As far as his "problem" goes, I think I may know about it as well. Does it involve an issue in San Antonio?

I can't argue with that. Like I told Shawna tonight, in the tough chile business, reputation seems to be everything and Kaiser Seeds and Pepper Company's reputation right now, at least on this site, is less than Sterling (pardon the pun). I'm not saying you should buy from him, I'm just asking that if you got stiffed due to circumstances beyond his control, you either find out why or give him another chance before trashing him on this forum. I know that failure to respond is a good enough reason for feeling you have been duped, I'm just saying there may be valid reasons for a failure to respond.
With all due respect, it's not our responsibility to know or figure out why he is screwed up. If he is having issues, then he should shut the site down until its fixed or at least stay in contact with us and refund our money on his own will, not after we have to wait weeks to figure out he isn't sending out seed. I to have been ripped off by him recently. Before I knew about his reputation, I ordered seeds from him on March 16. Today is April 2 and still no seeds. I had one response from him last week saying they were sent out. Well they were not. Since, I have emailed a not so nice email and will be moving forward to get his site shut down as well as his facebook page. He is a fraud, a scam, and a crook.

I placed an order for his highly advertised pepper-shark and it never showed up. After having a paypal dispute and receiving a full refund, I got an email from Kaiser saying If I re-sent the money he would send the peppershark and $10 worth of free merchandise from his store as an apology . I received the peppershark a couple weeks later, and after a couple of email conversations, never received anything else. Im sure its easy to fall behind in the internet game, But I agree with personal responsibility as far as letting people know whats going on. Especially if we are trusting someone with our money.

He is still my facebook friend and posts unfocused pictures of pepper plants that I still had to resist the urge to buy. Oh well....

Sorry for reiterating this I just feel it is necessary to inform everyone else. I will most likely not do business at his store unless things improve.

This is Shawna Kearley with Kearley Seeds & Pepper Co. I want to get this straight for everyone on here so there is no question about what is going on. STERLING KAISER IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY COMPANY!!!! Long story short he is an alcoholic. I kicked him out 8 or so months ago because when I came home ALL of the electronics (tv, blue ray, surround sound, ps3, ipod and player, iphone, you name it) DVD collections....was GONE!!!! He also took all of my jewelry (including my mothers wedding ring she gave me, part of the rent money and other misc. things that were not his. He cleaned out both the savings account and checking account and I have not seen him since. I am putting together a list with recipts of all of my things to file a police report. Some of these things I did not even know were missing until months later when I went to look for them. He is into me for well over $6,000 that does not include the things he took from me.
To SalsaLady.....I gave Sterling the money to get a money order to send to you along with the address. I PERSONALLY packed the remainder of your sauces and filled out the forms for the post office. I was under the impression that all of this was taken care of as I had heard nothing else from you. What he did with that money and product now I can not say, I do not know.
I understand everyone is upset. You are all not as upset as I am. I think of everyone in the chilihead community as family and have made sure to let everyone know what has happened between Sterling and I. I have been working on moving on with my life and re-starting an honest business. Most of what went on with his company I did not know the extent of until ya'll brought it to my attention.
That being said, I'd like the negative comments about MY company to stop. If anyone has had an issue with MY company please let me know so that the issue can be resolved right away. I am in NO WAY affiliated with Sterling Kaiser.
Thank you all.
Shawna Kearley

First name: Sterling
Last name: Kaiser
Address:
Address:
City: San Antonio
State: Texas
Zip/Postal code:
Phone: 2103718254
Email: jsskaiser93@gmail.com
Subject: Hello
Hey Mark, Sterling here from Kaiser Seeds and Pepper Co. I just happened to move back to San Antonio from Houston, and now that I am in the area wanted to know if you have a storefront. I couldnt remember if you did. I know youre off of blanco, or were, but wasnt sure if it is a warehouse, or just a mailing address or something. Also, wanted to see if you might have a position available with your company, or know of someone in the area who dabbles in our line of "hot" work. Hopefully this next feb or march, I am looking at throwing a San Antonio Hot Luck and was going to see if you would be interested in joining in on that. Anyways, looking forward to hearing from ya. I included my number in the contact info and my email so give me a shout anytime. Talk to ya later, Sterling

Nice to know some people are still naive enough to think others forget. I am sure there are quite a few on here that will appreciate that from what I remember being posted in the past.

This may be as good of a place as any for me to weigh in on this. I have been talking to Shawna, Sterling's ex, and she is kind of in a bad place because of him. She has a legit business and is not doing well because of Sterling. He did a lot of bad things to a lot of people, but none more so than her. She wants to move forward on her own without him and is meeting a lot fo bad pub because of him. I told her to come on here and tell her story and she is hesitant because a lot of people equal her to Sterling. I told her people here will give her a fair shake. What say you all? I personally think she deserves that. If I am wrong than so be it, but Idon't think so and its not fair to hold what he did against her.

One that stands in the same room as a criminal is not a criminal, otherwise most of us would be one at some point. I have seen many times when a woman blinded by love/lust stands behind a less then admirable man and suffers. I say she is NOT him and from what you say she is on the same side of the fence as a lot on here. I had no relation with Sterling and am glad I didn't as I tend to take every available measure to return wrongs done upon me to the person that did them.

Shawna come talk :D

Shawna already told her story in another thread here, which may be how/why this OP shared the info in the first post.

If a person is interested, they can probably find it using the search function. I think it was in the Houston Hot Sauce Festival thread.

Shawna got some good press in the Hairy Bikers show, check it out if you haven't seen the show.

Back