• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Who is the top seeds bank on this forum

Who have the most variety of all fife peppers species & what those guys recommend people is best to grow from each variety every year? :hell:

Ummmm........

Dale (The PP) has a ton, so does AJ, but then again I have a ton this year too. No one is king here.

No matter where you are, personal taste, and possibly climate, determine what to grow.

What do you like? Last year I was purely after the super burners. Next year will be much different.

I am in Ky, a little south of you.

I like a mix as I'm sure you do Cheezy since I use a lot of them in cooking. I would say the Chileman is the King if there is such a thing.

Kinda like the king of beers.....oh WAIT.

Right you are. But the king of seeds may have many seeds....but he still can't tell you what YOU will like to grow best. It is very personal.

cheezydemon said:
Ummmm........

Dale (The PP) has a ton, so does AJ, but then again I have a ton this year too. No one is king here.

No matter where you are, personal taste, and possibly climate, determine what to grow.

What do you like? Last year I was purely after the super burners. Next year will be much different.

I am in Ky, a little south of you.

I like little bit of everything but next year I wiil grow mostly super hot's & rare wild species hope some new ones.

:mouthonfire::lol:

I'm hoping to grow some of my favorites which I have never been able to get seeds for like Fatalis and Choc Habs, and some that I have never had (Nagas,Scorpians). I also plan to cut back and try to overwinter a couple of my Orange Habs which were very productive. I saw those pictures AJ posted of how well his second year plant did and I have to try it.

Wally you are among a very unique crowd here at THP and I can't imagine anywhere else finding seeds of your liking. I would also include Chris (cmpman1974) as another who has acquired a lot of unique phenotypes of certain hot varieties. You really can't tell if you like a pepper or not from a picture, you just have to grow them all and keep the ones you like.

That is well said pepper ridge.

That makes your first few years fun, growing all kinds of new peppers.

But the best years are when you successfully grow tons of what you love.

That may include some super hots, but for me, it will also take jalapenos, puriras, golden habs, choc habs, tobago seasoning, and Jim's hot/sweet.

:cheers:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Wally you are among a very unique crowd here at THP and I can't imagine anywhere else finding seeds of your liking. I would also include Chris (cmpman1974) as another who has acquired a lot of unique phenotypes of certain hot varieties. You really can't tell if you like a pepper or not from a picture, you just have to grow them all and keep the ones you like.

It realy does not matter who got the "Crown" but by growing so many variety what kind will be the best deal to grow each year.:lol:

Every year I find new varieties I enjoy. I could probably grow 100 new varieties for the next 15 years. lol. Ultimately, there are always favorites I return to such as Orange Thai, Caribbean Red, Purira, and others. :)

Chris

JayT said:
I'm hoping to grow some of my favorites which I have never been able to get seeds for like Fatalis and Choc Habs, and some that I have never had (Nagas,Scorpians). I also plan to cut back and try to overwinter a couple of my Orange Habs which were very productive. I saw those pictures AJ posted of how well his second year plant did and I have to try it.

FWIW, THSC sells seeds for most all of those ones you mentioned. He's a good bloke about it all too. :)

I got my choc. hab, fatali, all the nagas, and such from him.

I agree that there are always new exciting varieties, stuff you just wanna try. I will try to grow a selection of wild varities neyt year as well as a - hopefully - good mix of heat and also no heat. I will probably grow only few plants of each and try more varieties. No idea who's got the most varieties, but the guesses made so far are good IMO.

o that would be telling but a few, 915 and iam sure you will have lots of new ones soon ;)

cmpman1974 and POTAWIE would have extensive seeds banks :)

I am no where near the top of the list...I only have about 120 varieties that I collected last year...I bow to Potawie and Chris...

i think we're all forgetting Jukka from Finland...pretty impressive to have an outdated seed list of 1,035 varieties as of 2005!! OMG.

Chris

AlabamaJack said:
I am no where near the top of the list...I only have about 120 varieties that I collected last year...I bow to Potawie and Chris...

Lol lets Bow they mind send us some seeds A.J :rolleyes: :lol:

cmpman1974 said:
i think we're all forgetting Jukka from Finland...pretty impressive to have an outdated seed list of 1,035 varieties as of 2005!! OMG.

Chris
Can't really include him since he doesn't seem to post here anymore:(

Back