• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Who is the top seeds bank on this forum

I have a few but way down on the list from all the pros on here. I like to try new ones, any new name catches my fancy. Don't know what it's like if you don't try. I grow any from sweet bells- no heat to the super hots.

pepperfever said:
I have a few but way down on the list from all the pros on here. I like to try new ones, any new name catches my fancy. Don't know what it's like if you don't try. I grow any from sweet bells- no heat to the super hots.

Hiya Jackie i admire you for that some of the sweet peppers have a great flavor and are well worth trying..Heat is great but all round flavor is king for me :)

I am always growing some sweet varieties incl. bell peppers. The aroma of some is just incredible and it'd be a pity to miss out on that for the sake of heat alone.

I must confess that I really don't like sweet peppers ... :( Never eat them, and if I'm growing some of them now is because they are beautiful, or original, like the Peppadews or the mini Chocolate Bells, or because friends and family asked me to give them some.
As for the kings of varieties, I'll vote for Chris, and John F. They own so much varieties that I can't even fix the names ! And they know so much about it !
They're my heroes ! lol
When I'll grow adult, I want to be like them ! ;)

AlabamaJack said:
I am no where near the top of the list...I only have about 120 varieties that I collected last year...I bow to Potawie and Chris...

Same here, I counted 188 not including unknown ones.

Chiliac said:
Really???? I counted mine and the result was: 188!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, really, please don't ask me to count them all again, I've already had many attempts where I lost count.
It's spooky isn't it?

Kinda, hence my reaction!!! I won't ask you to count again, I hate that myself, I should come up with some numbering system. Or finally enter them into an Excel spreadsheet. I was planning this ages tbh.

what would be very strange is if I were to count the varieties I have and came up with 188 too....that would be too weird...

my favorite numbers are 128...thats 1 and 2 8's...188...

4 is a damn nice number

thinking-016.gif

Back