Who wants to do an "official" unofficial THP Review of Year of the Dog?

USA Only
THP Member with 50+ posts only

Give me a reason to send you a free bottle of YOTD in 50 words or less, and I'll pick the best one & send out a bottle of YOTD.  Note: More than 50 = DQ'd!

You will then have to try it and post up either a written or video review of the experience & your impressions of the sauce. I pretty much don't care about heat index (though you're welcome to use the 10-scale if you wish to size up the heat) - I'm more interested in how you feel about the flavor, mouth feel, aftertaste, suggested pairings, etc.

And while you're welcome to eat on a spoon by itself, I'd also like you to review it on food to see how it adapts.  This is not a solicitation for a "positive" review. If you get the sauce and you think, "this is the greatest thing that ever thinged!" please post that. But if you get it and think, "this is the suckiest thing that ever sucked!" then post that - all I ask is that you're fair. 

If you are willing to do the review, and you want to get a free bottle of the new Year of the Dog, please post your reason in 50 words or less below! 

I'll select my favorite response by Friday at noon, PT. 
:cheers:

spicefreak said:
I would like to, in exactly fifty-one words, explain to you why I am disappointed that your offer is solely open to US residents.

I am a new UK reviewer with an honest and analytical style, who's audience is made global by this site. And I could use the starting boost.
The tragedy of this is that this may end up being the best response.

Painful irony is painful. :rofl:

Well, I completely forgot to enter the Tasting the Heat giveaway on FB for a bottle of this over the weekend before the 4th - when I did remember, it was already over! So… I most certainly can’t let another opportunity slip away. Here is my entry - the 1st one (I’ve included a few others just for kicks/fun, as my brain just won’t dial back once it’s been sparked... I just 'let it flow'. Thanks to you Scott, I’ll probably be thinking & scribbling notes for a day or two! Hope I can sleep. Lol.)

If picked, I can write a review and post of pic of something I might put it on (if I manage to tear myself away from, or resist the pull of ‘spoon only’ indulgence - if it’s actually really that good!  ;) 

My entry:

Offered a tasty treat – freely, that can’t be beat!  
Fifty words or less required, of this to write I’m inspired… 
To have this sauce to taste and see… if it’s all it’s hailed to be!  
Sauce man Scott, Lucky Dog you… 
Pick me most (Zal)kindly– I’ll give you my review. 

-----------------------------------
And my other musings from 4 AM this morning (all 50 words exactly - not such an easy feat!)

All things ginger, a lover of, I am        
Thai inspired tastiness, a Golden Triangle treasure… sauce of Siam  
An empty palm upfacing, place this sauce in hand  
If good and worthy of extolling, I’ll tell of it throughout the land!  
Year of Lucky Dog announced – I’ll gladly review, proudly pronounce! 

Tonight I’ll have… Mekong dreams 
Under a Bodhi tree… contemplating delights… tasty things. 

Silver bowl to you I offer, fill with something nice 

A sauce, that I seek… 'Legendary'… as the ancients used to speak
The Year of Dog, as it’s named… to you, others… I’ll proclaim… if as famed! 

Send me sauce, I’ll happily review! Can’t turn down an offer to try something new! 
Doesn’t matter if not crazy hot - I know it’s good if from the saucemaster, Scott! 
You had me with pineapple…and Thai – this I just have to try! 
So pick me, especially since it’s free!   :D

A free sauce… and Thai?            
That sounds enticing, I cannot lie…  
If you pick me, how Lucky I shall be!  
I’ll try not to Dog your sauce, especially if it’s good…
Instead I’ll tell of its greatness - as rightfully I should!      
Appreciate the offer - so generous! Your saucesomeness… most plenteous!  

Cheers!  :cheers:

Hahaha hahaha first let me say Alchymystic gets my vote. Brother that was hilarious :)

Know for my turn I would love the opportunity to review any of you'd sauces LuckyDog and I would consider it an honor. As a member of such a great community I would give a honest opinion based not only the heat and flavor but how they would pair with everything from lamb to rum ham! RUM HAM
rum_ham_200x200.jpg
Thank You for your consideration.

Oldsalty

I counted 55 words for OS!  And if he gets back into the tryead, he could prolly get it down below 50.

He uses words like Likes

like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like 

word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word

like word man!!!

To give OS the benefit of the count, I stopped counting at the first RUM HAM.   and if that was contracted like RumHam it would count as 1 word.  Contractions are 1 word....Hey!  C'Mon!!!!  Work with me here!!!! 

:lol: 

Back