• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Whoooooooo Hoooooooo 7.5 quake

OK, who farted?

A friend of mine was posting on facebook about that... He's ok too, but a little freaked out.

Glad to hear you are ok as well.

I moved to Los Angeles a handful of months before the Northridge earthquake, and that was "only" a 6.7 - scary on its own, and double-scary when you've never been through one before and don't know what's going on right away. 7.5 is more than I want to think about! Glad you are ok. Hope the aftershocks die down quickly and don't inflict too much more damage.

Ouch! Hope everything settle down for you.

I've been through one quake, northern Cali. It was 4.5 or so and we were about 70 miles from the epicenter. What really amazed me was the sound. A real low, deep continuous rumble. That was spooky.

Hope all is well. I'm a So Cal native and have lived every quake over 6.0 since my first quake in my life: the Sylmar quake (6.6) in '71, at age 5. It's been a good number of years since we've had anything that big in So Cal. I hate to say it, but we're definitely overdue. Yorba Linda has been spewing out some relatively frequent 3's and 4's lately...

Thanks guys. I built a fortress so all is fine here but some of the old buildings in town took a hit.We farmers sent all of our guys to town to see what needed to be done. The water main broke so about 3500 will be without water. The stores sold out immediately.
I ran a 1 1/2 line out to my parking area so they can take whatever they need, instead of buying bottled $hit.. My springs piss out around 500 gallons per minute.The fire dept wants to fill up a tanker to take into town and give away.. No problem
I think I'll go hug my concrete columns.

500gpm? thats badass.

i worked on a waterplant for a giant school complex that was like 50-100 acres... all irrigated, w/ fire supression etc etc. that was only 200gpm from a 6" well.

you should buy a 100,000 ground storage tank... treat that water and sell it imo. mad moneys.

Yeah what happened to your extremity?

(Channeling Ignatius J. Reilly)

I shall write to my congressman and lodge a formal complaint! The indecency, taking a man's extremity while he is in the prime of his life....My God! The mind reels at the outrage! I feel my valve is closing at the thought of it...I feel faint...

Back