food Who's cooking what for the holidays?

tristam said:
cimg0046x.jpg
I am cooking beef, Gammon and turkey, With the turkey in baking tray
1/4 bottle marsala
1/4 bottle white wine
chick stock 1/4 pint
onions white 1
carrots 2 rough choped
celery
bay leaf
1 turkey stuffed with sausage meat special stuffing covered in sweetcure bacon
on trestle and in dish on stove 10 mins to boil cover in foil really well in oven 200 deg for two hours. take foil off turn oven up and glaze put back in for 20 mins done
roast pots, swede carrot mash,peas,parsnips,and cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon, reduce gravy mmmmmmmmm
And for afters american choc cheese cake, sticky toffee pudding and cheese and biccys, followed by copious amounts of alcohol.. that sound ok tb??

Outstanding! But...why are you skimping on the marsala and white wine?:rofl:

Paul sir...you get the hot, blue, and righteous for dat chili. Just the way I like it...no beans, tofu, turkey or foo foo. Thats a stone groove my man!

texas blues said:
Paul sir...you get the hot, blue, and righteous for dat chili. Just the way I like it...no beans, tofu, turkey or foo foo. Thats a stone groove my man!

Muchas Gracias, TB!!!

No beans or foo shall ever touch tha chili!!:cool:

texas blues said:
because my wife is a recoverin alcoholic.. so can't use too much i know the alcohol gets cooked out but don't wanna rock the boat.. cheers tb.. shit paulky you got some sauces goin on in the background..wow respec want piccy's tb!!!

tristam said:
because my wife is a recoverin alcoholic.. so can't use too much i know the alcohol gets cooked out but don't wanna rock the boat.. cheers tb.. shit paulky you got some sauces goin on in the background..wow respec want piccy's tb!!!

That's cool and the gang with me. Do your 'thang!

Hope everyone's enjoying their Christmas!!

Here are some shots from last night's dinner!

Chili....hot and ready to go!

100_0777.jpg

In the bowl we gooooooooo....

100_0784.jpg

Topped and ready to eat!!!

100_0785.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

100_0786.jpg

Yaaaaay....it's chili!! And Paul...and the lads....and Retta! Your cheeks are lookin' rather rosy there Paul. Good stuff. You get extra points for the chili cup!!

Merry Christmas compadre!

Back