Who's Weird Like Me?

Hmm day before yesterday I made myself a "Habanero Jack" I just poured my jack into a cup cut a habanero in half and steeped in the jack a bit. Then I mixed it with coke and ice. A lot of the people at the party want to taste ,yet no one actually wanted one for themselves...

Sounds pretty good to me, actually. Not too long ago, I chocolate-covered fresh Pimenta de Cheiros along with sweetened coconut shavings (you know, like that stuff they put in Mounds and Almond Joys). A Strawberry & Habanero shake actually sounds like it would go better together than those chocolate-covered peppers.

I have made a Chocolate Habanero Cheesecake. I am not odd, nor are the few that enjoyed it with me. ODD are the ones that didn't enjoy it.

When I was in Mexico this summer they had a mango flavored frozen drink (mango tango), I was having them drop a habanero in the blender when they made mine, they were delicious. After making a few of them for me they started randomly making them for other people without their knowledge just to see the look on their faces. That was a good time. :drunk:

Maybe I'm the weird one on this site, I only like chiles in savory foods. :crazy: Then again, I don't ever eat sweet foods aside from plain fruit, Greek yogurt with honey, BBQ sauce, or ketchup. That's about as sweet as I can go. I haven't had ice cream in over 10 years...

When I was in Mexico this summer they had a mango flavored frozen drink (mango tango), I was having them drop a habanero in the blender when they made mine, they were delicious. After making a few of them for me they started randomly making them for other people without their knowledge just to see the look on their faces. That was a good time. :drunk:

Mmmm, those sound tasty.

I would have loved to see the expressions of the unsuspecting when they had their first sip of 'Mango Tango' suddenly change to 'Habba Orangatango' down there in Mexico.

I'm sure it musta been hilarious!

dvg

I recently tried mixing a little smoked Bhut powder into some pure maple syrup as a topping for my waffles.
Friends and family already think hot peppers have made me a looney tune.....so they considered this as more evidence.
Personally,I thought it was great..and plan to try some different powders next time.

Yeah chilli goes good in everytyhing, food does have a tendency to be.... plain. without engaging the spicy food sense. I usually buy pickled peppers or sauces for work. Although it's usually mild supermarket stuff it's still enough for the flavour to shine and really enjoy a meal. I leave the hot stuff at home usually :)

I got an Ice Cream Freezer and like to make Candied Habanero (use DaQatz Candied Hab Recipe it really rocks here) Honey Ice Cream in it. Sometimes I'll add some cruched peppermint stick and white chocolate chips.

Back