• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Why can i not get a head on my tea??!!

HotPeppas

Banned
3 times now. Now luck. I just got done dumping my 3rd batch. No head. i let it go for 48 hours adding in more molasses after a while. This is puzzeling me

On the flip i picked my first red pepper today :) tomorrow will be a 2nd one also

25i9qxi.jpg

2 cups worm poo
4 tblspoon unsulf molasses
1/2 biotone
Tblspoon of kelp

Touch of bat guano. Thats it. Using well water. Maybe theres something wrong with my water

Next batch try molasses, green grass clippings, your myco supplement, and worm castings....make sure the bubbles agitate the bag. If this doesn't form a proper head then something else may be at work. You don't have an inline chlorine or salt filtration system do you? I know you said you're on well water, but so are my folks and they didn't realize there was an in line chlorine/fluoride filter until after a year in the house.

We will get this figured out.

By the way, drop the initial molasses to 1 1/2 tbsp for 5 gallons...molasses can be bacteriostatic in certain amounts...( don't really think this is a problem, but humor me)...do this batch and let me see the progress.

Hmmm...it has sulfur...could be inhibiting you're fungal microbes as sulfur is an age old fungicide....can you get your hands on any other myco samples...

Have you ever gotten a head using this stuff?

What do you mean by a 1 pound fish? Like just to throw a blue gill in the brew?

I think when i attemp batch 4 ima try it without fish fert.

Yeah, toss fish scraps in after you clean them. I would skip the biotone but use everything else and you should be good.

Right, but you do not need to get the bubbles to make it beneficial. They help but basically you are making a fert water, do not dump it out.

I was under the impression that the foam was nothing more than a result of the carbohydrates and the aeration process so I don't see where it is an indicator of bacterial activity.
I wish someone could address this question. Where are the resident chemists and microbiologists? ;)

And to those who are stating silly things of a sexual nature that will get this thread locked I say come on zip it guys.
This is no place for that talk as young people frequent this site as well.

Back