• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Why now...

Soooo it seems something is wrong with my plants once again. This pattern was only noticed on my bulgarian carrots. Everything else seems standard. The holes are not real holes but rather places where the tissue is so thin its translucent

D7DCC05F-CF97-4C09-9A44-C1DF31759C0D_zpsfmbojyzb.jpg

You think its manganese deficiency?  I was kind of in agreement with Heckle... is it possible that you dripped some fertilizer straight on the leaves ErolDude?

...HOLY CRAP... i just googled sunburned leafs from watering when it's sunny to see there there are any pictures... and it turns out that it's just a myth!  All this time i've been worried about that... lol.

pepper_rancher said:
...HOLY CRAP... i just googled sunburned leafs from watering when it's sunny to see there there are any pictures... and it turns out that it's just a myth!  All this time i've been worried about that... lol.

Correct. It's a myth. If it were true, nothing would ever grow. A summer squall would kill everything once the sun came back out. When people water at dusk, the real reason is to get the most use out of the water... limits loss to evaporation.

Just keep it off the leaves!  Also, add some epsom salt also when you fertilize, and since you dont have micronutrients in the fertilizer you use, add some Azomite or compost from organic matter.

Back