• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wild, Indeed, Community Thread

Just getting this started so I can get a url.
I will post more about this in a couple of days.
duck6.jpg

Happy New Year, 2021!

Last edited:
The first C.rabenii x PI260567 F1 berry now ripening, several hundred still waiting.
IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7475.jpeg

Small C.flexuosum harvest
IMG_7523.jpeg

Still nothing ripe on the C.rabenii x C.tovarii F1 plant, must be real soon now. I’ve moved it into the safety of my glasshouse just to give some weather protection.

Probably have another week here before possible freezing temperatures at night. 😬

C.flexuosum variegated pedicel, taking pollen as and when flowers open on this section

IMG_6128.jpeg

Earlier in the year I took pollen from this flower which was on the variegated section that appeared on one of my C.flexuosum plants. There were also some flowers with white pedicels, I took pollen from those too.

This most highly variegated section of the branch died off as the temperatures increased outdoors and was too small to sensibly clone.

Anyway, back to the pollen. I used several pollen batches to cross into some other C.flexuosum plants. I then collected and labelled all of those harvested berries.

I started a selection of those recently to get some F1s underway. Multiple as I don’t know which pollen sample, if any, might pull the variegation trait through. I also won’t find out until F2, so it’s a long wait. First of the F1s appeared after 18 days.

IMG_7403.jpeg

All glory to the venerable ones,Clayton Ribeiro and Chris Fowler! Their dream of saving rare Capsicum from extinction is alive and well.:P Since I am done harvesting C.friburgense,it's time to start some sort of seed train for a vetted group of folks on THP. It's probably a good time to get this moving in the near future as you'll need to be sowing these no later than the start of February in order to get ripe pods in a season.

To the individuals linked: If there are members you feel are not total clowns,thieves,reprobates or in cahoots with the Pepper Darlings or Brazilian Mafia then link them here and we will dig through the names. It has been a very long time since I have saved or shared seeds of peppers and I'm hoping that this will have an old THP following,maybe even a community Glog. And hope that it steers completely clear of the what have you done for me lately mentality,or canning of good friends for simple seeds with literally no value. Cheers!

P.S. Any PM will get you barred from the offer.

@PaulG
@CaneDog
@ahayastani
@ChilliCrosser
A very fine idea, Pr0d! I would be honored to participate if
seeds are available. Glad to see you participating in the
Wild Indeed thread. I appreciate your knowledge base and
willingness to share it. Thank you.

I don’t really follow or frequent places where any drama happens so can’t really comment. I just grow things to learn, share where I can and try to make not-quite-as-nice-as-nature new things 🙂

Back to the pictures as I need to catchup.

PI260567 (C.baccatum var. baccatum)
IMG_3715.jpeg

C.flexuosum
IMG_3722.jpeg

IMG_4270.jpeg

IMG_4254.jpeg

IMG_4950.jpeg

IMG_4253.jpeg

IMG_4953.jpeg

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4978.jpeg

IMG_4984.jpeg

IMG_4982.jpeg

C.rabenii x PI 260567 F1 hybrid
IMG_4240.jpeg

C.rhomboideum, love growing these. Must look amazing in the wild when established as a big, dense, plant covered in flower and fruit clusters 😍
IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_5027.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg

IMG_5075.jpeg

IMG_5092.jpeg

IMG_5083.jpeg

CAP 1445 (C.chacoense), really like the flavour on this one
IMG_5052.jpeg

IMG_5057.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

IMG_5055.jpeg
Really awesome reporting. CC! ,Loving the fine photographs