seed-train Wild seed train 2015 2016

Cool. The more the merrier. I may take cuttings from all my wilds and put them in the cloner before 1st frost to extend the growing season. And eliminate having to start seed for them again.

Is this wilds only? I didn't notice that when I signed up. Don't really have any wilds I could contribute.

No. But it was the initial intention of the train to introduce wilds as well as provide a source of those already growing them to acquire other selections they may be lacking. While not excluding anyone from trying wilds, those participants wishing to select them should exercise diplomacy in their selections.

Cap, by WILD you mean OP, right?  All my baccatums have been flowering like mad over the last few weeks in response to the slightly cooler SW Monsoon weather.  I've got them arranged so that no one variety is adjacent to another, and suspect they will produce at least a few crazy baccatum x baccatum hybrid seeds. I should have plenty of ripe mutant pods by the end of September.

Geonerd said:
Cap, by WILD you mean OP, right?  All my baccatums have been flowering like mad over the last few weeks in response to the slightly cooler SW Monsoon weather.  I've got them arranged so that no one variety is adjacent to another, and suspect they will produce at least a few crazy baccatum x baccatum hybrid seeds. I should have plenty of ripe mutant pods by the end of September.
This is where things get dicey. My wilds, some obtained from Judy @Pepper Lover are being grown OP. some I obtained seed from were peppers I grew last year that also were OP. and still others I got from other growers and the OP/ISO status is unknown. I guess what would make things easiest is anything that falls into the wild class would be OK and if you have something that you took the liberty to isolate, indicate ISO on the ID label. I have found that even though peppers are grown OP, it does not mean every or even most of the occurring seed stock from them will be crosses. It is just highly possible. I know you went out into the AZ outback to get peppers. To me those are domestic wild peppers and are equally desirable. And even seed from crosses will spit back remnants of the parents so all is good.

I watched a bumble bee go through my grow today and cringed at the flowers he was visiting and thought of the potential crosses that might come out of them. WOW!! 

sirex said:
Any room on this joker?
I have to insist that you read  and understand the rules page. When you have done that you will know why and also know the answer to your question.

If there's room, I would like to take a seat on the train. I don't have no wild varieties to contribute, but I been deseeding a lot of my superhots. I also been harvesting a ton of seed from my mutant aji cito which started off with 4.5 cotydelons then the first nodes were 2 then 4 and doubled so on. The results of this plant is very bushy without being leggy and 3-4 times as many peppers than my regular aji cito plants.

Lovepeppers said:
If there's room, I would like to take a seat on the train. I don't have no wild varieties to contribute, but I been deseeding a lot of my superhots. I also been harvesting a ton of seed from my mutant aji cito which started off with 4.5 cotydelons then the first nodes were 2 then 4 and doubled so on. The results of this plant is very bushy without being leggy and 3-4 times as many peppers than my regular aji cito plants.
Don't need to have wilds to ride. They are a perk I would like to see grow to epic proportions on this train.

Prep'ing these for the next train.....

20150812_154030.jpg

Back