• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Will this plant survive the fall?

The post office apparently decided to play hanky sack with my delivery and damaged 2 of my plants. The one plant was snapped just above the first node.
image.jpg

The 2nd plant was bent over and cracked. I zip tied it loosely to a skewer. You guys think they'll be ok?
image.jpg

were they shipped priority ? might have insurance on them , you can make a claim won't pick up shipping , but merchandise , i made a claim before jumped through a few hoops but got reimbursed . pic. of check or receipt , fill out form . they have a website , check with the post office . but to answer your question they should be fine .      :onfire:

Should be fine. Keep watered and do your best to not put it thru more shock. Pepper plants are fairly hardy..

They'll probably bounce back. People strip and top their plants all the time and they grow back thicker and bushier. Like Phil said, lots of light and water lightly only when needed.

That plant should produce about 4 new side stems, so in time it should become a nice bushy plant and should outperform a single stem chili in pod production.

When the side stems becomes bigger, i would just bury the main stem deeper in to the soil for more support.

I'd recommend making the damage a bit worse.. At least if the plant will be put outside in the Rain. The break might hold water and therefore stays wet too long, which can cause rot. No need to do that while it's still inside though.

Yep, but a clean cut will be a lot less vulnerable. I had plants rotting in the Rain season at the place where they were pruned. It's never good if plants stay wet for a long time. Tomatoes are even more prone to rotting.

Pfeffer said:
I'd recommend making the damage a bit worse.. At least if the plant will be put outside in the Rain. The break might hold water and therefore stays wet too long, which can cause rot. No need to do that while it's still inside though.
Once it gets a little bigger I'll cut the break spit at an angle so water will run off. I have pruning tar as well that I can always use.

Back