• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Wind Blowing New Transplants Over.

DudeThtsBad:
My guess is that you never "hardened off" your plants prior to putting them outside. Also, I would recommend a fan in your grow setup also. It not only helps to "harden" the plants while inside in your grow setup, but it also helps with fungus and pests indoors. Your plants also look very "leggy" as another poster pointed out and that could be from too little light or having the grow lights too high above the plants. When you get plants like that, it is usually a good idea to plant them deeper when you transplant them. In your case, you could have planted yours at least an inch deeper than they were while in pots. That would have helped a bit with them being weak stemmed. As pointed out, I would go with much larger stakes to start with so you dont have to keep upgrading later. The bamboo stakes are about three feet tall. I just picked up a pack of about 9 or 10 from Walmart and they were only two or three bucks. If your plants are pretty strong, you probably wont need anything more than that unless your plants get very heavy with pods. If not, you may need to go with something sturdier and longer. Remember, the stake has to go into the ground also. A good foot of the stake is under ground for larger stakes. you could also employ tomato cages when your plants are bigger. They are more expensive however.

DudeThtsBad:
My guess is that you never "hardened off" your plants prior to putting them outside. Also, I would recommend a fan in your grow setup also. It not only helps to "harden" the plants while inside in your grow setup, but it also helps with fungus and pests indoors. Your plants also look very "leggy" as another poster pointed out and that could be from too little light or having the grow lights too high above the plants. When you get plants like that, it is usually a good idea to plant them deeper when you transplant them. In your case, you could have planted yours at least an inch deeper than they were while in pots. That would have helped a bit with them being weak stemmed. As pointed out, I would go with much larger stakes to start with so you dont have to keep upgrading later. The bamboo stakes are about three feet tall. I just picked up a pack of about 9 or 10 from Walmart and they were only two or three bucks. If your plants are pretty strong, you probably wont need anything more than that unless your plants get very heavy with pods. If not, you may need to go with something sturdier and longer. Remember, the stake has to go into the ground also. A good foot of the stake is under ground for larger stakes. you could also employ tomato cages when your plants are bigger. They are more expensive however.

yeahh I kinda skipped hardening off. & the light might have also been to far away.
yeah ima get bamboo stick asap. & yeahh I think ima also invest in a fan, cuz also Im starting to get fruit flies. D:

noo I didnt' get a fan. Is that something most people do?
I've never heard of it?
do you reccommend I get for my new plants asap?

Yeah, getting a fan on them indoors is a must, otherwise they will grow very weak like those have and won't be able to stay up outside. It doesn't need to run 24/7, just an hour or so a day is fine.

dude dude
the plants look pretty good,
if you get some sunny days please rig up some light filtering device
like an umbrella or something to cushion the shock
if you just get a little shade they probably will be ok
or if it stays gloomy for a few days it may be alright

two things i am concerned is they look like they want water
do not hesitate to water them twice or three times a day
even muddy it up a little for the first couple of days

the other thing is watch out for the snucking fails
go out at night and using flashlight find them and kill them all

Yeah, getting a fan on them indoors is a must, otherwise they will grow very weak like those have and won't be able to stay up outside. It doesn't need to run 24/7, just an hour or so a day is fine.

dangg aiight where can a get an efficent cheap one?

dude dude
the plants look pretty good,
if you get some sunny days please rig up some light filtering device
like an umbrella or something to cushion the shock
if you just get a little shade they probably will be ok
or if it stays gloomy for a few days it may be alright

two things i am concerned is they look like they want water
do not hesitate to water them twice or three times a day
even muddy it up a little for the first couple of days

the other thing is watch out for the snucking fails
go out at night and using flashlight find them and kill them all

yeaah its pretty gloomy atm.