• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2014

Got some sheet pots in from Grower Supply a couple days ago. I got this type so I could pull out the individual containers and replace them if need be, and they fit perfectly in my 11" x 22" Permanest Trays. Anybody in NW Louisiana need a couple of these? If I keep growing the same size garden every season these sheets should last me around 12 years:

unboxing1.jpg

These are the only C. chinense I'm growing this year: The NagaBrain, now in its F3 generation, is the happy accident of Florida THP mentor and all-around good guy romy6; seeds for the F2 Chocolate NagaBrain are from the talented and skillful Florida grower Tmudder; Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow, the F3 generation, is the creation of the THP breeding wizard Spicegeist; Both 7 Pot Yellow and Naga Morich are from THSC seed; Dystopia is a project of North Texas grower joemomma; and Madame Jeanette comes courtesy of the incredibly generous Netherlands grower Meatfreak :

tray%201.jpg

romy6 said:
 That is one awesome pic G man. And don't worry the kids are safe  ;)  :flamethrower:  :D

Lol, thanks J Daddy! Todd's plants are growing freakishly fast and big...I've never seen anything outgrow Madame Jeanette...

Jamison said:
Rocking steady down in LA!  Awesome job Gary!

Cool! Thanks Jamison!

meatfreak said:
Looking good, Gary!

Thanks Stefan!

Devv said:
Nice looking long row Gary!

How do you keep it watered? Or does it rain there enough?

Have a great weekend!

Thanks Scott! You may recall that this bed contains around 6 yards of RCW—So the water retention property is pretty good, but at the same time soil drainage is vastly improved. These are some of the real nice side effects of building high beds with RCW—The primary goal, of course, is to build very fertile sustainable soil. I water once or twice right at plant-out time, then I don't bother them for a long time after that. In the hottest, driest part of the summer I may water once a week.  :P

windchicken said:
...t…Again, if you think you see weeds in this photo then you need to clear your mind of all projected guilty thoughts... :P

There's no such thing as a weed.

Only Vegetative Erosion Control And Nutrient Accumulating Compostable Allies. VECANACA

Looks good and proper.
Nice looking row of hotties.

windchicken said:
Thanks Scott! You may recall that this bed contains around 6 yards of RCW—So the water retention property is pretty good, but at the same time soil drainage is vastly improved. These are some of the real nice side effects of building high beds with RCW—The primary goal, of course, is to build very fertile sustainable soil. I water once or twice right at plant-out time, then I don't bother them for a long time after that. In the hottest, driest part of the summer I may water once a week.  :P
That's incredible Gary. I'm going to finish spreading the last of my RCW and then get some more. So what's your base soil like? Sandy or clay?

I'm also going to dedicate a larger portion of the garden to RCW experiments. Why not? I get the materials for free :shh:

JJJessee said:
There's no such thing as a weed.

Only Vegetative Erosion Control And Nutrient Accumulating Compostable Allies. VECANACA

Looks good and proper.
Nice looking row of hotties.

:P  Thanks Jesse! You and I are on the same page….  :P

Devv said:
That's incredible Gary. I'm going to finish spreading the last of my RCW and then get some more. So what's your base soil like? Sandy or clay?

I'm also going to dedicate a larger portion of the garden to RCW experiments. Why not? I get the materials for free :shh:

Man, that does my heart good to hear that, Scott! The soil here is fine-grained, clayey sand…There is some sandy clay, and it all has quite a bit of ironstone gravel….

This is the original F1 NagaBrain mother plant this morning, as she enters her third season…The old girl's still got it  :dance:

nagabrain1.jpg

nagabrain2.jpg

Jamison said:
Pods galore!  She's a beaut Gary!

Thanks Jamison!

PaulG said:
Yeah, what Jamison said!

I can't wait to see pods like those on the NagaBrains!
They are growing awesome.

Thanks PG! I need to check your NagaBrain grow.

Spicegeist said:
mmm, those are going to be good...

Thanks Charles!

Devv said:
Very nice Gary! She's a good one!

Thanks Scott!

meatfreak said:
Wow, that's a real beauty, already loaded up with so many pods. Awesome!

Thanks Stefan! You want me to ship her to ya? I'm out of space…  :P

GA Growhead said:

Thanks Jason!

I just had to share this news from Danish chile head Søren Friis Larsen, creator of the Bhut Orange Copenhagen. Check out the BOC on the front page of the Danish website, plantorama.dk:

plantorama1.jpg

Awesome grow as always Gary! This is my third season growing those great big Congo Trinidad seeds you sent me love those! The nagabrain looks deadly!

Back