• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2016

For the last couple of years my season has finished up after the subsequent season had already started…I sowed my 2016 seeds last Saturday, but my 2015 Chile Manzano are just now bearing ripe fruit, 3 days later. Is it worth waiting over a year after sowing to get ripe fruit from these plants? HELLZ TO THE YEAH!!! Only the best chile in the world!!!

Manzano_Jan12.jpg

It's cool your growing the Zapotec.  I going to start some older seed I purchased from Beth, Belize Sweet and Joe E Parker.  I already have a few Zapotec going.  I
always looked forward to ordering from her site.

You have an awesome grow going, Gary.

Everything just looks so perfect.  I hope the season
continues to be a rocker for you!

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
Looking gr8 gary!

Thanks Choco!

roper2008 said:
It's cool your growing the Zapotec.  I going to start some older seed I purchased from Beth, Belize Sweet and Joe E Parker.  I already have a few Zapotec going.  I
always looked forward to ordering from her site.

Thanks Linda! I miss Beth so much, such a sweet, happy spirit and true Aji Queen!

PaulG said:
You have an awesome grow going, Gary.

Everything just looks so perfect.  I hope the season
continues to be a rocker for you!

Thanks PG! You, too!

A couple years ago I noticed that one of my Red NagaBrain plants (F3 Plant #15) was setting larger pods than the usual NagaBrain, and the fruit was not so face-melting, with a sweeter, more Naga/Bhut-ish flavor and aroma. I decided to set it aside and keep the plant as a "pet." This year I sowed seeds from that plant, and named it after the old railroad crossing village just up the road from our house, Forbing, Louisiana:

naga_may19.jpg

This year I planted my five BOC (Bhut Orange Copenhagen) plants in the herb bed, right behind the Lavender of Provence. Never before has a chile plant won such pride of place in my garden:

BOC_may12.jpg

Very nice garden you have. Love the varieties

That was great, to be asked for pod's from the maker himself. I felt bad for Soren. I now know, what I look like when I get a really hot one. That BOC is a delicious chile. Wish I grew some this year.

Thanks for sharing

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
Very nice garden you have. Love the varieties

That was great, to be asked for pod's from the maker himself. I felt bad for Soren. I now know, what I look like when I get a really hot one. That BOC is a delicious chile. Wish I grew some this year.

Thanks for sharing

Chuck

Thanks so much for saying that, Chuck, and thanks so much for watching the video of Søren eating my pepper...I never get tired of watching it!  :P

Hi Gary! Thought I'd drop by and check out your glog... Very nice! You had me at Bonnets and Manzanos and BOCs... oh my! Pretty cool vid of Søren eating one of your BOC products too. :rofl:  Good luck this season, and keep on truckin'!

Wow, your plants have looked extremely healthy from the start!  The RCW you have going seems to be aging nicely, and has certainly peaked my interest to try and start when I am at a steady place.  Awesome varieties too, best of luck and I can't wait to see those things grow like trees!

Datil said:
I'd like to live in the neighborhood LOL :)

Datil

Lol, you funny Fabrizio! These little dudes would be lucky to live at your new place!

stickman said:
Hi Gary! Thought I'd drop by and check out your glog... Very nice! You had me at Bonnets and Manzanos and BOCs... oh my! Pretty cool vid of Søren eating one of your BOC products too. :rofl:  Good luck this season, and keep on truckin'!

Thanks so much Rick!

DesertRoots said:
Wow, your plants have looked extremely healthy from the start!  The RCW you have going seems to be aging nicely, and has certainly peaked my interest to try and start when I am at a steady place.  Awesome varieties too, best of luck and I can't wait to see those things grow like trees!

Thanks DR! If you are interested in RCW, there's lots of good information out there...and I'm very happy to share my personal experience....

Looking awesome, Gary!! It's going to be great to see the initial first blush of color developing in all those beauties... then in their full glory in that Louisiana sun!  ;)

Really interesting elongated pod in the pic of the Bonda Mahala! Still quite a bit of diversity in the shapes it's putting out. I know you made mention of focusing on it this year for further development/selection - sounds fun and exciting! Love those... an awesome pepper!  :D  

Back