• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

windchicken 2018

This year my glog will (necessarily) be all-YouTube-all-the-time, and that's all I'm saying about that...This post, featuring my Capsicum chinense plants, should follow a video of my Capsicum annuum plants, which have already been outdoors for several weeks, but that video will have to come later, because I have yet to make it:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBQxYrIPItM&t=60s[/media]

Trident chilli said:
Great video update Gary ... like the BBG x Wartryx I will be looking forward to seeing that variety mature. Very healthy plants

Thanks John! Yeah, I'm pretty excited about that one, too...I had one last summer, and it was unbelievably powerful, and the immature pods were a cool pink color...

So here's a brand new one from DeSoto Parish, Louisiana:

[media]https://youtu.be/bKy4Wwj_RDM[/media]

Uh-oh. I've just spread the granules of that same new ingredient throughout my entire lawn. The garden isn't in yet and none went in there...as far as I know. But thank you for the warning, Gary. They had two different bags at the store. One that kills 30 insects (old ingredient) and one that kills 100 (new). Of course I got the 100 killer. But I guess I shoulda gotten the other one. Lol. I guess time will tell. Thanks again and sorry to see all of the damage. I'm sure they'll bounce back.

Bhuter said:
Uh-oh. I've just spread the granules of that same new ingredient throughout my entire lawn. The garden isn't in yet and none went in there...as far as I know. But thank you for the warning, Gary. They had two different bags at the store. One that kills 30 insects (old ingredient) and one that kills 100 (new). Of course I got the 100 killer. But I guess I shoulda gotten the other one. Lol. I guess time will tell. Thanks again and sorry to see all of the damage. I'm sure they'll bounce back.
Thanks Adam! Im guessing its fine for grass....

:woohoo: Finally in the ground! Now I don't feel so far behind. If it ever dries out, I plan to plant-out within the next couple of days. Great looking plants!!! Nice choice of variety for the row of honor, too. I believe it was Wartryx last year that you had there. Big, beautiful tree-like plants! Those scorpions are gonna rock! Great job!

dragonsfire said:
Nice looking Plants.

Thanks Neil!

Bhuter said:
:woohoo: Finally in the ground! Now I don't feel so far behind. If it ever dries out, I plan to plant-out within the next couple of days. Great looking plants!!! Nice choice of variety for the row of honor, too. I believe it was Wartryx last year that you had there. Big, beautiful tree-like plants! Those scorpions are gonna rock! Great job!

Thanks Adam! You are exactly correct...I started to mention that those stumps between the plants were last year's Wartryx, but I didn't need to...:cool:

Good luck with your grow!

Looking good, Gary. Have the affected plants recovered from the Sevin incident? Definitely a big "Thank you" for the warning. I found this article that elaborates somewhat on the topic:

https://citybugs.tamu.edu/2018/02/14/sevin-not-sevin/

And carbaryl is still available, but you have to look for it by name. I've read some reviews rating the new ingredient, zeta-cypermethrin, very poorly as ineffective against ticks and fleas.

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
Everything is looking great.

Thanks Joe!

Sawyer said:
Looking good, Gary. Have the affected plants recovered from the Sevin incident? Definitely a big "Thank you" for the warning. I found this article that elaborates somewhat on the topic:

https://citybugs.tamu.edu/2018/02/14/sevin-not-sevin/

And carbaryl is still available, but you have to look for it by name. I've read some reviews rating the new ingredient, zeta-cypermethrin, very poorly as ineffective against ticks and fleas.

Thanks John! I lost 6-8 plants in the Sevin massacre, and the others that were sprayed are in various stages of recovery, ranging from small twigs covered with green leaves to 12-inch plants looking rather leggy but the foliage filling in nicely. Fortunately, I had enough extra plants to re-plant those destroyed, so the garden is looking much better. I'll make a little video tomorrow...

Back