Thai Chile x 12, 2009 seeds from Baker Creek, Mar. 30:

P3300009.jpg

NuMex Jalmundo x 6, Mar. 30:

P3300010.jpg

Cajamarca x 10, Peppermania, Mar 31:

P3310013.jpg

Guampinha de Veado x 6 (left), Peppermania, Mar. 31:

P3310016.jpg

Nambe Pueblo x 2, from Richard, March 31. This is the most robust plant of the entire lot, and the prettiest. It is greener than the photo shows...I did not want to mess with the colors:

P3310022.jpg

Excellent start Gary. Same thing happened to me. The Nambe Pueblos were the quickest to germinate and are much bigger than anything else I've planted. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Excellent start Gary. Same thing happened to me. The Nambe Pueblos were the quickest to germinate and are much bigger than anything else I've planted. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Thanks! The Lumbre seeds you sent me came up and are growing like gangbusters. I need to thin them out...I got 100% germination. They will get a full row of 12 plants in the big garden. Photos soon.

Very nice looking starts there!
How are you gonna go about separating some of the doubles?
Or are you gonna grow them together.
Looks like they are diggin that sunny window!

Kevin

Very nice looking starts there!
How are you gonna go about separating some of the doubles?
Or are you gonna grow them together.
Looks like they are diggin that sunny window!

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin!

The Jalapeño and Jalmundo I will leave as doubles...They seem to do better that way. Also I will probably leave Thai Chile as doubles, because they don't seem to mind it too much.

The C. baccatum, C. chinense, and the New Mexico types I don't want to grow as doubles again, because they branch out so much anyway. Last year the leaf canopies on those were so dense that it seemed like they couldn't breath, and it was very difficult to harvest the pods. I will probably just clip out the smaller ones with scissors before I put them in the ground. I'm too scared of damaging the roots by trying to separate them.

Yeah, thanks, they're partying in the sunny window...that and plenty of fish emulsion!

Plants are lookin good!

I can't believe you're planting out NEXT WEEK! It just snowed here the other day!

And 12 plants of the same pepper? That's a LOT of the same pepper! :lol: I can't imagine picking peppers off of 12 mature thai plants. Your harvest picks are gonna be awesome.

Good luck to ya and keep the pics comin!

Plants are lookin good!

I can't believe you're planting out NEXT WEEK! It just snowed here the other day!

And 12 plants of the same pepper? That's a LOT of the same pepper! :lol: I can't imagine picking peppers off of 12 mature thai plants. Your harvest picks are gonna be awesome.

Good luck to ya and keep the pics comin!

Thanks!

Some folks here planted out 3 weeks ago. That would make me too nervous...I try to wait until April 1, when the statistical chances of a freeze in our area drops way off...

There are several chileheads working in this office (where the garden is located), so we consume a lot of peppers...Last year I planted 6 stalks of everything, and we ran out real fast. The Thai were some of the first to go...It's kind of nice 'cause I get some help in the garden, too.

Thanks, I do have more pix of the rest of grow: lots more C. chinense and C. baccatum. Coming soon.

Nice grow you got goin there.... :cool: Good game plan for starting, organization, photos, and game plan for planting out. Looking forward to your progress, and especially a report on the Jalmundos!

More pix. Trinidad Scorpion x 8, U.S. Hot Stuff, Apr. 2:

P4020001.jpg

Lumbre x 12. Seeds from Richard, Apr. 2:

P4020006.jpg

Devil Tongue Yellow x 4, U.S. Hot Stuff, Apr. 2:

P4020008.jpg

Habanero de Arbol x 6, Peppermania, Apr. 2:

P4020011.jpg

Congo Trinidad Red x 10, Peppermania, Apr. 2:

P4020017.jpg

Jamaican Scotch Bonnet (Yellow)) x 12, Peppermania, Apr. 2:

P4020019.jpg

Guyana PI 199506 x 6, Peppermania, Apr. 2:

P4020027.jpg

Caribbean Red Habanero x 2, Burpee, Apr. 2. This plant is an overwinter of a volunteer from summer 2010. The fruit fell to the ground from a plant I bought at the hardware store in 2009. Several flowers and lots of buds:

P4020031.jpg

Chiltepin, Chile Pepper Institute, Apr. 2 (overwinter):

P4020037.jpg

Black Cuban, a.k.a. Black Prince, Chile Pepper Institute, Apr. 2 (overwinter):

P4020043.jpg

Back