wine Wine making

The wild plums here along the roadway will be ready to be picked the end of this month. I've made jelly from them prior. I've considered makinge plum wine. I know there are numerous steps involved and realize this is a pepper board, but can I render(boil the plums for juice and freeze the juice) until I'm ready to make the wine? Thanks. Just something to do till the peppers are ready in September for sauce making.

I'm not 100% sure but I've heard you can make wine out of frozen concertirated juice that you buy in the store, so I wouldnt see why you couldnt freeze it. but I'd do some more checking just to make sure.
you can make wine out of anything, I had some rubarb wine & that was some strong stuff, plus unlimited wild berries also can be used BUT just make sure you only use the ones that are not toxic to humans.

chilehunter said:
I'm not 100% sure but I've heard you can make wine out of frozen concertirated juice that you buy in the store, so I wouldnt see why you couldnt freeze it. but I'd do some more checking just to make sure.
you can make wine out of anything, I had some rubarb wine & that was some strong stuff, plus unlimited wild berries also can be used BUT just make sure you only use the ones that are not toxic to humans.

You ever heard of prison wine? Trust me, you can ferment and make wine out of almost anything....

Most especially juice. Concentrated or otherwise.

that sounds like that might be nasty. have a blast!

id recommend getting a wine kit or something, unless you are an advanced wine maker. and replace some ingredient (grapes?) with those plums

ross said:
that sounds like that might be nasty. have a blast!

id recommend getting a wine kit or something, unless you are an advanced wine maker. and replace some ingredient (grapes?) with those plums
Anybody can use grapes. The wild plums are abundant and make really good jelly. Upon checking out the plum/wine deal, suggested is after fermentation to keep in a dark area for at least a year because they are so tart.

Okay. Had a friend bring over 2-5 gallon buckets of plums(not wild), he said I needed to come over and pick those in another week. I boiled the plums down and got 3 gallons of juice and froze fore time restraints. I'd like to make wine. Anyone know a good website for purchasing all needed paraphanalia? Bucket, carboy, yeast, etc. Everything with the exception of the juice and sugar?

cyotefishing said:
Okay. Had a friend bring over 2-5 gallon buckets of plums(not wild), he said I needed to come over and pick those in another week. I boiled the plums down and got 3 gallons of juice and froze fore time restraints. I'd like to make wine. Anyone know a good website for purchasing all needed paraphanalia? Bucket, carboy, yeast, etc. Everything with the exception of the juice and sugar?

northernbrewer.com
homebrew.com

there are more sites, but those are the best. good luck to you

as an added bonus if you order something from northernbrewer you are on their mailing list and you get their catalog. makes for great reading material. if you know what i mean. :D

Back