• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Wing Marinade

I've actually never thought about marinating chicken wings before frying them, as I wasn't sure if they would turn out right. I picked up some Sweet Baby Rays tequila lime marinade and thought about marinating a large batch. Wouldn't the sugar in the sauce burn when you fry them? Or could you rinse them off, fry them and the flavor will remain?

And as far as what sauce to use, Franks has been my number one choice for quite some time. Are there any other sauces comparable or even better than Franks? Something that isn't too thick, has a nice heat level and taste great that's similar in price.

I'm going to give it a shot regardless, but your input is appreciated. I'll post pictures tomorrow after work. Thanks!

I marinate wings sometimes. I coat them in flour when I fry them though. Nothing burns. I also like Franks, but I use it as a base. I mix in a little worcestershire sauce and some habanero mash for that little extra kick.

Find some Defcon or order your self a dozen or so - Best wing sauce going. 

There are better sauces than RedHot  fo' sho' - Try grilling the wings too or even smoking them then grill/bake. I hope it warms up soon so I can free up my grill

Ain't a damn 'thang wrong with Franks. 

Were it not for Teressa Bellissimo and Frank's Red Hot, wings as we know them might not have ever happened.

Sure you could argue there are better sauces and there certainly are but excepting chile head snobbery, there is no ambiguity as per the popularity of the original style of wings done as such and the sales numbers for Frank's, which is one of the top selling hot sauces on the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5R1mTyYMuU

texas blues said:
...and the sales numbers for Frank's, which is one of the top selling hot sauces on the planet.
So are 'Texas Pete' and 'Tabasco'. Neither of which are in my arsenal.

Scoville DeVille said:
So are 'Texas Pete' and 'Tabasco'. Neither of which are in my arsenal.

Texas Pete.

: hocks a loogy and spits on the ground :

Those fools just make poor copycat products of other peep's sheeit.

Tabasco on the other hand, hate all you want but the original Tabasco can be found in every restaurant and pro kitchen in the country and through most of the world.

I won't say its the best but its usage and popularity cannot be denied.

Back to wings.

I've found you can make most excellente' wings with just about any sauce.

Think about it.

I've marinaded wings and chicken in ranch dressing and hot sauce before rolling in flour and frying.

Who needs a dip? It's already on the chicken.

Baked or fried  Asian style hoisin wings are killer.

When it comes to a marinade for chicken, wings or the whole dang thing, cheap Italian dressing is awesome. Want something a little different mix Orange juice and Soy Sauce 50/50. Man, I've got 6 big Chicken Breasts marinading in the OJ/SS mix right now that will be going on the grill as soon as I get home. Could even add some chopped up Habs, Fatalii's or Datils to that mix for a bit of heat.

Franks is fine to the uninformed but now B is informed and knows what to do next time. I could agree that franks is a decent base sauce

Hear me now, beleeme later...

Once you've had DEFCON, you'll offer to hit your mama and the person sitting next to you's mama to get some.

And Franks is just "settling".

For true~

A little corn starch mixed with the flour before frying turns out a right crispy wing.
I then coat'em with Franks cut with butter, garlic and honey. It is very nice.

I must confess the Asian Zing sauce that BWW serves is tastey as all hell

Back