• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce wing sauce disapointment

Went to the Buffalo wild wings in Macomb for dinner yesterday. I dont frequent the restaurant so my knowledge of their sauces is considerably lacking. But , Being in the adventurous mood I asked to sample their blazing sauce (suposed to be their hottest). I really expected them to be adding some form of super hot into the mixure to boast their challange of 12 wings in 6 minutes.
Well, to say the least, I was not impressed AT ALL!
The sauce was warm at best and 24 wings in 6 minutes would be more of a challenge, and then, The challenge would be just being able to pound that many wings in the alotted time while trying to enjoy the wings at the same time. The biggest issue I had with the sauce that makes success of the challenge questionable is the amount of salt in the sauce. It is such a salty sauce that the salinity is forefront to the taste and heat.
Definitly needs SOME improovement.

The above comments are from my experience and are My Opinion Only.

Everything above HOT sucks there, its fake and crappy. Go for the hot or jerked if you like to taste the wings. I can eat a dozen of their hottest in a few minutes easily. They used to be so much better but once expanding all across the nation they have come to suck in taste overall. In fact the actual wings suck now in many cases, I'd rather buy my own, cook them and sauce them up. 

I'm not a fan of any of their food. they're always pushing the "boneless wings" which are pretty much chicken strips in a nugget shape. 

And their sauces (many of which are powdered flavor dips) are all too salty for my tastes. Or bland or weird - but none are great. 

One man's opinion. 

That challenge is super easy IMO.  I can smash it every time as long as I let the wings cool down before going after it.  However I do enjoy the Caribbean Jerk and the Spicy Garlic sauce.  Only two I get ever.  

The Hot Pepper said:
Not sure what you expected from a national chain. That's like expecting a good burger at McDonald's.
Agreed, But I hoped.

PrimeTime said:
so did you get er done in 6 minutes or what?
As I said, heat wasnt even close to being a challange. But I could not stomach the salt content of the sauce.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Everything above HOT sucks there, its fake and crappy. Go for the hot or jerked if you like to taste the wings. I can eat a dozen of their hottest in a few minutes easily. They used to be so much better but once expanding all across the nation they have come to suck in taste overall. In fact the actual wings suck now in many cases, I'd rather buy my own, cook them and sauce them up. 
Werd!

not a big fan, their sauces are better as a dip only ones I care for are Caribbean jerk, spicy garlic and the jammin jalapeno has grown on me a lil but as mentioned salty. I'd rather hit a wing stop though. Next time try the fries with the salt n vinegar. It's not liquid vinegar more like the flavoring on salt n vinegar chips. 

As others have said, the heat level is not a challenge at all.  I am surprised that nobody has mentioned liking their mango habanero sauce though.  Perhaps I'm in the minority, but that's my favorite of theirs.  I get that an put on my own pepper powder to make the heat at the level I like.

Really the only competition we have around here for them is Roosters.  They're sauces aren't much better, being very salty as well.  I will say that their Super Killer is a bit warmer than Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin sauce, but still child's play for the average chili head.  If you complain enough about the heat level, the cooks in the back will send out a small cup of their unadvertised stuff, which is HEAVILY laced with extract.  That gives good heat, but at the cost of flavor as it has a HUGE metallic extract flavor to it.

You realize the challenge is designed so everybody wins, and advertises for them right?

You PAY for the wings.
You win a T-shirt to be a walking billboard.
You brag on social media.

If it was a real challenge you'd get the wings for free and only the serious chiliheads would win, some even failing. And it wouldn't be at a national chain.

It's a gimmick. They got you. :)

compmodder26 said:
As others have said, the heat level is not a challenge at all.  I am surprised that nobody has mentioned liking their mango habanero sauce though.  Perhaps I'm in the minority, but that's my favorite of theirs.  I get that an put on my own pepper powder to make the heat at the level I like.

I was going to mention the mango hab sauce.  I actually like that stuff pretty well.  I usually get that and either the Jerk or the Asian... I always find the local wing places to be much better though.  Better chicken, better sauces, better staff.  Less TVs.  If I am going somewhere with someone to eat, I don't necessarily want a TV at every vantage point.  Does that make me un-American?   :party:   

The Hot Pepper said:
You realize the challenge is designed so everybody wins, and advertises for them right?

You PAY for the wings.
You win a T-shirt to be a walking billboard.
You brag on social media.

If it was a real challenge you'd get the wings for free and only the serious chiliheads would win, some even failing. And it wouldn't be at a national chain.

It's a gimmick. They got you. :)
Thats another reason I didnt bite. If I am going to do any kind of real challenge, the food is free.

by the way, with their challenge the only thing you could brag about on social media is not getting a stroke.

Oh I thought you did it. Glad you didn't, lol. Yeah, any real challenge is... it's free. Like the 72 oz steak. Which I would never try, lol. I'd end up buying a 72 oz steak and eating 1/3. ;)

Back