• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, I guess, but there's gotta be a fine line between a bit of stress and killing them?...lol
I'll have to take some pics later, but I'm talking leaves going wrinkly and crispy at the ends...and burn marks etc..surely that can't be good for it? I see everyone else's plants looking so green and healthy!

Scald.... it's bark is worse than it's bite.

I don't have any real good examples (as I try to keep scald out of shots ;)) but a lot of my plants are scalded:

IMG_8617.JPG

IMG_8810.JPG

Even these guys are fine after a little mishap not so long ago...

IMG_8601.JPG

I know, I know... it's easy to worry about your little babies though. Heck, I still freaked out when I came home to the little fellas in the last shot there... even though I knew through experience that they'd be fine. ;)

Haha, yeah thats true i guess!!

I'll keep an eye on them then....and man up..lol
It's just that i would have expected them to be able to withstand 24 degrees by now. Obviously when we start getting into prolonged 30's i'd expect to be having issues....but then again im learning all the time here :)

If the leaves are darkly burnt or scorched along the tips and edges it could be nute overload.
With my table top retic setup I had leaves resting on the poly tubes and they got really hot in the sun and scalded the leaves. Water resting on the leaves can cause scald too.

Reactions: nee
Thanks for those pics and advice guys!! I have just posted a few of my "Worried, of Lara" pics in the other 'aussie' topic as i didn't spot this until now :)

Name the puppy, he`s my new dog (purebred Kelpie) he comes from a local farmer & both his parents are working cattle dogs.

Dog1.jpg

Mezo.

Pimenta??
Aji ??
Pod?
Cappy?
Scorpion?
Ghost??
Or something completely unrelated ... what's his parents names??

Haa, Pod.

His dads name is Toby, dont know what the mums name is.

Im going with "Buddy" i can go nice low & slow with that when he`s bieng naughty & high when he`s good.
He was taking a crap earlier & couldnt snap it off, had to lift his tail & poke it off manually, he`s full of worms.

Mezo.

Haa, Pod.

His dads name is Toby, dont know what the mums name is.

Im going with "Buddy" i can go nice low & slow with that when he`s bieng naughty & high when he`s good.
He was taking a crap earlier & couldnt snap it off, had to lift his tail & poke it off manually, he`s full of worms.

Mezo.
Lol Mezo the chilli growing Veterinarian. Call him Black Naga. Blacky for short.

He ate a bowl full of grain yesterday that we put out for the ten baby Geese, it passed right through him & poured out the other end as dogs cant digest grains, it wasnt wasted the chickens came along and make short work of that pile

So when i have my bacon & eggs for breckie ill be thinking those chooks were fed on the contents of my dogs bum. :rofl:

Mezo..

Back