• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wiri's 2020 Vision of Wild(s)

Well it's about time to step up at home plate & present my Wild line-up card.Many players
added will  shore up my batting line-up courtesy of CD, hopefully  hit  a few dingers,go
yard ,clear the bases and  in the end have a # of  web gems to show off.So let the games begin.

Many are proven big leaguers so that should put me ahead of the count,right!And I promise to
play clean,without cheating absolutely no (base) stealing...no, not gonna do it ;) ,speaking of;the
Astros cheating scandal grows with each passing week. :rofl: enjoying the humiliation thou'.
Another shoe is about to drop on a nearby team...can't wait for Spring Training to begin.

giphy.gif

These were  started on 1/28/20 using my  Aerogarden  lights only  so they're in soil.Don't
want to deal with tangled roots in transplanting to soil,so trying this way.

1,Tovarii  iso                                                
2.C Putapario op                                  
3.Lanceolatum 26C iso                                      
4.Rocopica Usda Cardenasii x Unk op                                         
5.Cap 1491 Eximium iso
6.Eximium not Buforum  CTB
7.Flexuosum Purple Pheno op
8.Dwarf Chilitepin        *** 1 hook 2/7
9.Cap 1491 Eximium op
10.Cardenasii Cgn   op
11.Flexuosum Purple Pheno iso
12.Cardenasii Usda iso

Seeds started 1/29/20   
13.Blue Mystery               **1 hook 2/7
14.Cardenasii USDA op
15.Cap 215  op  2016    (Microcarpum)
16.Pi 439528      2016    (Preatermissum)
17.Pequin annum var glabriusculum 2016        **1 hook 2/7
18.Cumari Pollux  2016
19.Galapagoense  age?

Started 2/2/20                                   
20./20.C. Flibu (guru)        
   Well I have a whole season to watch my plants grow & my baseball team win! Life is good.!
                      Here's my  NICU being closely monitored...Thanks for stopping by. ;)
n4SaJOM.jpg

Sandy, did I read that post correctly that you
need cumari seeds? I would be happy to see
if I could scare up a few from my collection to
send your way.

Definitely  one to go crazy over...hands down my favorite wild.I started this about 6 months ago..then it
just stood still..& now it took a turn for the better...or so it seems...C. Galapagoense..  it just has that special
 look to it...the leaves,the furry stems..ah it's finicky alright... I find it hard to bloom..& not many peppers to be had?
It was this baby as below then where it currently is& a plant I grew 3 yrs ago with pods.
Wg0AW9k.jpg

08yt8wK.jpg
cBqZAbw.jpg

PaulG said:
Sandy, did I read that post correctly that you
need cumari seeds? I would be happy to see
if I could scare up a few from my collection to
send your way.
Thanks Paul...maybe I didn't say it right...sorry.I have grown do Para/Pollux/Verdadeira (i believe I still have seeds of V)
C. pollux is beautiful...if you need any seeds let me know I'd be happy to share.

wiriwiri said:
Hey Paul...thanks so much for what you said..it's nice to grow wilds...every sprout is an achievement & every pod will be a victory. ;)
I am so excited to grow these,I run home wondering if any new spouts will show up...something + to look forward to.I love the challenge & I must get it right...won't give up or give in...@ this time it helps me deal with what is going on too.& you know I love
a challenge...always looking to get my hands on a new wild. :drooling:
Hope you'll like the taste of the Wiri pepper..have wiris here there & everywhere..freezer/fridge..young starts.
The seeds came from a family who brought it from Guyana to Canada many moons ago,& by luck one of my brothers was
visiting them & took some of the pods & dispersed them ... can't tell you how long I was looking for the real one.. years.
I  recently got some seeds that another brother in Canada ,he said those were  for a bigger/ better aroma.I just germinated
the seeds so I will see how it turns out.If it is good I'll send you seeds..promise...I would say it sounds like Ma wiri wiri.
It is growing nicely so will see.Canada,more so Ontario has a lot of Guyanese people so it's a good source.

Now I could write you an essay  on my feelings ~ this crisis & the blame game..but instead I'll tell you as someone
who has experienced many shortages of supplies at work....this is by far the worst.Had the warning bell been taken
seriously in January & they had ramped up supplies that are needed with a respiratory infection with serious,life threaten
consequences..then we would have been in a better position..masks/gowns/vents/culture kits..staff,beds..now they have
many vents in the making..which is great right?Wrong..............who's gonna work with them??
.We don't have nowhere near the staff to manage vents,they are very complex pieces of equipment as you know Paul.You don't
 just put people & say work with this..had this not been so serious I would call it a laughable moment.
.I was sitting here & remember  what was termed "FAKE" news & not gonna happen here..well deal with it now,it's here 
so deal with it cause it's gonna be here for a while.China gave us pretty good warnings of what was happening in their country..

Can't blame anyone but the people  running the show for many of the ills(pun).Instead of massaging  egos& looking
to blame China/Democrats or the media.. should look  in the mirror.Its more ~picking fights with
the reporters and seeking praise...Lord help us all...It's so idiotic  the child-like behavior,just praise no blame.
.. really gets to my soul...incompetence abound...wake up people!
People risking their lives & those of their families to work in conditions while not preventable
could have placed us in a better position without compromising our health.
And it ain't going get better real soon..sadly so.  Nurses making their own masks /reusing same one many xs over.
Happens in a 3rd world country not the US,wrong.......but that's what you get when you have idiots running
the asylum.Wake up people.
My parting words to all I know"Say a prayer,stay indoors if you can,take some of those Vitamins to boost the immune
system& check in on love ones with a call as often as possible"..Stay well Paul...this will pass but the effects will
be felt for a very long time,decades...sadly so..
So true... I'd like to admonish those responsible to ignore social distancing guidelines but the idiots will displace others from much-needed hospital beds..

Nice looking wild seedlings Sandy... You go buddy!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I didn't know you were in healthcare Sandy, I pray for all of you. So stay safe!

@Stickman, so true sadly.

Back to peppers:

Looking good Sandy! I hope the weather cooperates for you this season ;)

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can under the current circumstance.
I haven't had time to post pixs & update my glog..Ill get there thou'...so much else going on.

Devv said:
I didn't know you were in healthcare Sandy, I pray for all of you. So stay safe!

@Stickman, so true sadly.Hi

Back to peppers:

Looking good Sandy! I hope the weather cooperates for you this season ;)
Hi Scott..we have some decent weather actually better than what we're used to for this time of yr.
Hope it's not too hot where you are!

Yes,I'm lucky/fortunate  to be in healthcare ...went to college in NYC & worked there for a while in critical care.
I feel so sad for the healthcare workers in NYC..under "normal" conditions  staffing is bad..Hospitals had
Mandatory OT,& relied heavily on Agency staff to fill in,rather than hire more permanent staff.I had to stay on
many times & work another 8 hrs b/c the help didn't show up.it's tough working there in NYC.
but it prepares one .. how much worse can it be elsewhere..,it got better for me.lots better.Got to love
what you do if you're in healthcare more so these tough days.I listen & keep abreast of NY news all the time.
880 AM WCBS....and it's really depressing to hear what is happening in the hospitals there.

Stay safe & stay home if you can.

Thanks for that, Sandy. One of my favorite
songs.

Glad to see you are staying healthy and doing
the good work. Thanks for that, as well.

Here’s hoping you have great weather and 
an awesome grow season to take your mind
off of the current situation. Sitting here listening
to the lies, and it makes me sick.

PaulG said:
Thanks for that, Sandy. One of my favorite
songs.

Glad to see you are staying healthy and doing
the good work. Thanks for that, as well.

Here’s hoping you have great weather and 
an awesome grow season to take your mind
off of the current situation. Sitting here listening
to the lies, and it makes me sick.
Hey Paul..that song got to my soul...so had to share ..now it's one of my favs too. ;) I think my husband will get  ? tired of
hearing it..till I find a new one ..but ah that's so beautiful...hope you're keeping well & keeping the distance. ;)
I went to buy a bag of flour & a few items  & the shelves in the supermarket are so empty...no flour no sugar..etc.
Weather nice...no clouds to chase away...seedlings getting to the toddler stage.It's nice to have hobbies to get
through this...

It's unreal that people are believing the lies,that's the bothersome part.
Everyday lies ,lies & more lies...Not taking responsibility..it's always someone else's fault? Lord help us!
Stay well Paul,happy growing !

THIS  "TUESDAY AFTERNOON". :cool:

wiriwiri said:
I heard this song today & looked it on UT & thought I'd sent it out to all of the wonderful folks here
on THP.
Such  a beautiful song,catches the moment  on this lovely NE afternoon.
.hang on we'll get thru' this & it will make for a stronger self. ;)
Been Internet-less for 2 days....Thanks for that, it's been forever since I've listened to this song!

WPLR? or WBAB? <--from 40 years ago...

Not familiar with WPLR nor WBAB?

That song I heard for the first time,unfamiliar  with the group MBlues...did some digging up & found it's an old English
Band from the 60's..& copied & posted ..it's an oldie but goodie.

wiriwiri said:
Not familiar with WPLR nor WBAB?

That song I heard for the first time,unfamiliar  with the group MBlues...did some digging up & found it's an old English
Band from the 60's..& copied & posted ..it's an oldie but goodie.
I grew up on the North shore (10 minute bike ride) of Long Island. Both those stations still play the old rock, and that's where I always heard the Moody Blues. I left the Island in 1978, but still go back to see family.

Haha, I was in college when the Moody Blues
became hugely popular. Some of the best LPs
ever recorded, many great hits! Saw them in
concert a couple of times. Check out their
catalogue when you get a chance.

Hi friends ;)  ..nice to be home eh!..hopefully I'll  do my glog some good with an update of where I stand..the good weather
has turned to windy so I'm a bit behind with transplanting some of my wilds to bigger containers..it's a messy job,you'll agree.

Cardi USDA OP
0oyKkmX.jpg

PaulG said:
Haha, I was in college when the Moody Blues
became hugely popular. Some of the best LPs
ever recorded, many great hits! Saw them in
concert a couple of times. Check out their
catalogue when you get a chance.
I'll do that Paul...I like to find good music,regardless of when it was recorded..there's a local station(doesn't put out much of a signal
say beyond 10 miles if that) but they they have a segment call Vinyl frontier& with   good rock & roll etc. from way back ..good listening.

Back