With the new website, comes the new sale!

Perish the thought. Coming from an old-school Programmer (first big computer I worked with was an IBM-1130, look it up), I HATE Unix, and no, I'm not about to go into detail. Let's just say, I'd rather have to program the Pentagon files, one by one, in COBOL or combinatorics (machine code is so perfect, and Assembler is just cool, but so misunderstood by humans). THAT being said, we're going thru issues right now. It really does suck. I had high hopes for a release weeks ago, but, that being said, I am going to be offering up a VERY cool deal............I'll leave it at that. Now, I have to go grab another beer people, because Scott mentioned the "U" word on one of my threads. To think, first, I must cleanse my sight from that acronymical word, before I can even think of grabbing a beer, as that "U" word has soiled not only my sight, but my mind as well, hence the reason I am currently enjoying 'A Clockwork Orange' on the 'tele' as of present, and I prefer my Moloko Velocet in peace, it allows me proper sight and hearing. Scott, please never put me through this anguish again. The evil "U" word is haunting even my worst nightmares. :banghead: That being said, I'm looking at next week for the release (barring a locust plague or other biblical issues).

John, I share your disgust for the "U" word, although I do despise it nearly enough to feel the need to bleach my eyes or drink away the thought of it with an ice cold beer. Take your time with whatever it is. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. ;)

Just an update on our big announcement. We are close, VERY close, to being able to annouce what I've wanted to, since friggin' April. As I've stated, we ran into a multitude of computer problems along the way, but my crack team of computer hotshots have been diligently working on this. It should be about a day or two longer (again, fingers crossed).

Let's not get sidetracked, and please don't post or try to derail to other topics. This is the Promotions Thread. Business announcements, etc. Take it up in The Lounge or elsewhere. This is Defcon's thread to announce something big for their business.

Yup, got an update. I know it's been taking a Hell of a lot longer thsn expected. I had no idea what a pain in the butt it is to completely build a website from scratch, but I got a crash course this time around. We're pretty much outof the woods, and myself and The Wife Unit are just dressing things up abit, and we'll be ready to launch. s I said, we'll be offering up a pretty cool deal upon launch as well. So, we're in th final stretch, just bear with us for a little while longer.

Ok, the coding is complete! Now, on to the final step, uploading it to the host. Hopefully there will be no problems, as I think we've had about all the technical problems possible. Again, I apologize for the multiple delays, but I think we've taken it to the next level of Murphy's Law. Hopefully this weekend will prove fruitful.

Just got word from our ever-diligent IT guys that we may be able to launch the new site as early as this evening. This has been a journey through a digital maelstrom I do not wish to repeat. Anyway, stay tuned, as we'll be offering something really cool for everyone upon the launch.

We have had the same site since 2005, and found it time to do a massive upgrade. I had no idea how many obstacles to brace for, but my number of braces was definitely inadequate.

Well, I'm out of excuses. We had everything up and running on Monday for the new website, and then BOOM, the store didn't work. If I had known this was going to be so f'd up, I would not have undertaken the project in the first place.

Will there be a new website? Yes. Do I have a time frame any longer? No. Am I beyond pissed right now? Yes.

So, with that being said, I'll refrain from further comment on this subject until it's ready to go.

Sorry you are running in to so many problems, John. Websites can be a big PITA. Maybe you should hire a 14-year old for a couple days. I'll bet they could get it running in no time! ;-)

Back