• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Women in US combat possitions

Weed said:
Are they going to have to take the same physical fitness test?

I just want to point out that you gave some physical differences, not all, then said everything is because of social pressures.

No, I literally opened that sentence with "Most of" ...

#bored

4c10348701bfc3a5691780edc4ba162b.jpg

I think there needs to be some real discernment here. Let's take an example from individual sport performance, such as running or swimming. There has yet to be a woman runner or swimmer who is faster than the fastest male at a given point in time/progression in the sports. As a general rule, it's just a fact that men are physically stronger than women. Not all things related to combat these days necessarily rely on physical strength or speed, though, so there are things where a given woman's non-physical abilities are ideal and even physical differences can be the perfect solution to a given problem - Rawk's small size being a case in point. Plus, it doesn't take massive strength to drive a tank or a drone, or shoot a gun. But if it came down to hand-to-hand combat, or even hauling your inured mate to safety, generally men are going to have the upper hand. Generally. We all know both men and women who fit the somatotypes of ectomorph, mesomorph, and endomorph - some women are more than capable of kicking some men's butts 100% of the time. So basically I think there needs to be both job-based and individual-based discernment when deciding if ANY individual should fill a given job, combat or otherwise.

interesting point here.

women get injured like 3x more frequently than men when loaded to the same weight, doing the same shit. supposedly down to bone density and musculature rather than general strength.

testosterone yo.  its why the skyscrapers are so tall.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
edit: Oh, Jesus. I accidentally hit the "like"button instead of "quote" at first. queequeg, please don't get the wrong idea.
 You can always unlike after doing that.

queequeg152 said:
is pmd still around?

Not for a while. He seemed to take it hard when he got one of his own threads locked by being a butthole in said thread.

geeme said:
 You can always unlike after doing that.

Indeed, but the "like" still shows up in his notifications. I couldn't let that one go unexplained.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Indeed, but the "like" still shows up in his notifications. I couldn't let that one go unexplained.

Yes, but only in his notifications. No one else knows. For instance, how many times did I like this post?? It doesn't show that I liked it at all. :rofl:

Back