• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Wonder why UPS and FedEx are kicking USPS Butt?

Just got back from the Post Office

They agreed that they basically destroyed the box they delivered to me which had at one point and time three collectable bottles of hot sauce but which when I opened it had two collectable bottles of hot sauce and a bunch of bubble wrapped chunks of glass

and they agreed that the bottles that were still bottles as well as the chunks of glass were indeed well wrapped and also well packaged with peanuts

but, since there was not insurance on the package I am now the proud owner of a bunch of collectable chunks of glass

now I understand that if this were a high-dollar bottle (this one was only $24.95) I should be expected to purchace insurance but shouldn't they be expected to cover at least a minimal amount per package when they plainly destroyed the friggin' box?

How is this any different than say if the guy taking out your groceries dropped the bag and then said "oooppps - sorry, but it's your tough luck"

my new personal policy? I will never again purchase anything from anyone who does not offer me the option of having my items shipped either UPS or FedEx

ok, rant over

Just don't go with FedEx Ground...

They really don't care WHERE they leave your parcel.....and they also don't care to TELL you where they leave your parcel....AND they aren't liable if you never FIND your parcel that they left with a stranger and can't remember who, when, or where...

I wouldn't trust them to deliver a cat turd across the street.

paulky_2000 said:
By the way....what bottles were in the box?

Sauce Man Sauce....must be hot sauce. That's why he is ranting. I too would kill the man who did it to my pickles and sauces.

My deepest sympathy with you buddy. Take my shoulder.

NJA

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
Sauce Man Sauce....must be hot sauce. That's why he is ranting. I too would kill the man who did it to my pickles and sauces.

My deepest sympathy with you buddy. Take my shoulder.

NJA

I think he means what sauces.....:lol:

mvinson said:
the bottle that used to be and now isn't was CaJohn's Bootiful - not easy to find

Yeah...I have that one....#31/75 platinum edition.....that totally sucks!

Was it numbered and signed? What bottles managed to survive?

paulky_2000 said:
Yeah...I have that one....#31/75 platinum edition.....that totally sucks!

Was it numbered and signed? What bottles managed to survive?

no the one that was broken wasn't signed

the other 2 that survived were a CaJohns Vesuvius Limited Edition and a bottle of Tabasco Spicy Soy - the Tobasco is the last of the McIlhenny line that I didn't have so I went ahead and picked it up while I was getting the others (I somehow managed to pick up an Avery Island before I got this one - but I stole the Avery Island for $15 on eBay so jumped on it)

and I am planning on getting a new camera (got to have one if I am going to the big 4 this year) so I will try and take some pics of my collection and post them here - it won't compare to most I am sure but it's mine and I kinda like it

I wanted to build some more shelves before I took pics - I seem to have outgrown what I had already - but I need to buy a router table to build exactly what I want and I can't seem to quit buying additions to the collection long enough to get the money for it

paulky_2000 said:
Just don't go with FedEx Ground...

They really don't care WHERE they leave your parcel.....and they also don't care to TELL you where they leave your parcel....AND they aren't liable if you never FIND your parcel that they left with a stranger and can't remember who, when, or where...

I wouldn't trust them to deliver a cat turd across the street.
You know that's true. UPS always rings the bell and delivers to the door. FedEx just leaves it in the lobby. Sometimes they ring the bell and I've looked out the peephole to see them just open the door and literally throw in in. UPS all the way.

mvinson said:
no the one that was broken wasn't signed

the other 2 that survived were a CaJohns Vesuvius Limited Edition and a bottle of Tabasco Spicy Soy - the Tobasco is the last of the McIlhenny line that I didn't have so I went ahead and picked it up while I was getting the others (I somehow managed to pick up an Avery Island before I got this one - but I stole the Avery Island for $15 on eBay so jumped on it)

and I am planning on getting a new camera (got to have one if I am going to the big 4 this year) so I will try and take some pics of my collection and post them here - it won't compare to most I am sure but it's mine and I kinda like it

I wanted to build some more shelves before I took pics - I seem to have outgrown what I had already - but I need to buy a router table to build exactly what I want and I can't seem to quit buying additions to the collection long enough to get the money for it

I don't have either of those in my collection. Heck, I'd never heard of the Spicy Soy OR the Avery Island.....you'll have to post photos!

I know what you mean about space...I have had to slow down cause I'm REALLY running out of places to put them!:lol: ....and I already have THREE display cases! You should see my kitchen!;)

Sorry for your loss.
Perhaps there is a song in all this?
Like the United Breaks Guitars youtube video.

USPS Breaks Hot Sauce Jars

Watch the video and have a quick laugh.
Happy New Year.

USPS, boxes with holes, envelopes anointed in enough oil to waterproof a roof. Employment for the unemployable.

UPS, driver dependent, one will have a beat to death box sometimes with radical holes. The other produces perfect boxes! Personality disorder for one and OCD for the other?

FedEx, here is your box I gotta go! Less damage overall though.

I cannot win. It scares me to order stuff.

To be honest, I've received a couple dozen packages of goods delivered by FedX, UPS and the USPS over the last couple of years. Lights, plastic containers, appliances, plants. Never really had any problems or damaged goods at all.

Mike

I ship small boxes all the time via USPS, usually Express but occasionally Priority. I would estimate I sent 50+ last year and all of them were received pretty much damage free and were not treated roughly at all. All but two made it on time. I was reimbursed for those. As far as insurance goes if what I'm shipping costs more than I want to lose I buy it. It's cheap and gives me peace of mind. Plus if you use Express the insurance is free up to $150 I believe and if you go with Priority $100 worth of insurance will cost you letss than $2.50.

Something to keep in mind with insurance is if you buy $200 insurance you still have to prove it was $200 with a receipt. If it's something of value only to you you won't get $200.

thehotpepper.com said:
Something to keep in mind with insurance is if you buy $200 insurance you still have to prove it was $200 with a receipt. If it's something of value only to you you won't get $200.

You got that right THP. Uncle's boys ain't going to write a check of any size without proof.

Back