• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

World's Hottest habanero? What is this?

Seen a couple other posts similar to mine here lately but one plant I have is a Bonnie plant from Lowes and was labeled "world's Hottest" habanero, I didn't take a picture of the plant but will do so but here is an almost ripe pod I pulled, what is this, I don't think it is a habanero?

IMG_20120711_200755.jpg

My bonnie "worlds hottest" turned out to be a red Savina. Just ate one cause I thought it was just a red hab and got a bit of a surprise lol. I'm not complaining I mean to be fair it is the worlds hottest habanero so I can safely say they are advertising incorrectly.
Actually the red savinas' heat levels are over-rated and are usually no hotter than orange habs, except of course for the one and only test that got them the Guinness record in the past

Actually the red savinas' heat levels are over-rated and are usually no hotter than orange habs, except of course for the one and only test that got them the Guinness record in the past
Not necessarily, the Red Savina's that I grow have more placenta and oil than either the orange habs which I also grow or the many types I see here down market street.

Ya, I said usually but should have said often, and grocery store habs do not count :)
Even testing back in 2001 found some orange hab sources to be higher with the red savina reaching a dissapointing 256341 SHU

Back