• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Wrinkled Hab Leaves in Hydro Setup

Hey Folks
I have a bunch of young peppers growing right now - some in hydro buckets and some in soil. A couple of the habeneros in the hydro setup have really wrinkly leaves... the soil ones have bone meal and are all OK.

I have tried adding a little bit of a liquid calcium to the nutrient solution but not sure if I should add more or just be patient - its been a few days. One of the plants' leaves are wrinkled and curled upwards like little bowls. Not getting worse but not getting better, either.

Thanks,
Kenfused

Wait a few days then try adding the calcium compliment to the leaves. I use rain water and have found I get calcium deficiency. After several mistings with hard tap water they are unrolling again.

Chris

I've found in other threads that some people use powdered milk really diluted in water on their tomato plants work really well. And as they say, what works with tomatoes usually work with peppers too.

welcome to the forum. =D

oops, you're using hydro. you probably shouldn't do what I suggested. LOL.

Thanks for the replies... I will be patient and see if the cupped leaves straighten out a bit on their own. Nervous about fertitlizer / nutrient burn as I am pretty new at this and have made a few mistakes on the soil-growing peppers I have. Was a little ambitious on starting too many peppers (like 20 varieties) with too little knowledge or experience..... have learned a lot though and I'm sure this forum will help.

treemanjohn said:
Are the plants indoors under lights? If so they may be getting too hot

right now they are indoors (where is the sun this year around here?) but these particular peppers are pretty far from the lights. I will post a pic after work and get some input on whatcha experts think.

Back