• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

WTF??!??!

Grimus said:
when we can't find the gloves we round them up next to a cliff. they don't want to fall off, so they push back harder! :P
Always with the sheep jokes aye! hahaha

Yeah, one of my mates is a kiwi, it comes with the relationship :)

They are really under developed pods, do you think that might contribute to the habanero look? It's like the plant grew about 10 pods and then stopped mid growth right when they were getting bumpy and twisted, then they began to turn orange and developed the rotten spots. Are true bhuts gnarly and pimpled from day one?

Well... this article shows plenty of pics of the nagas, including the maturing stages of bhuts:
http://www.fiery-foods.com/chile-pe...about-growing-chile-peppers/2363-saga-jolokia

I agree with the others who say that it looks more habbish, or at least like a more common chinense variety...

Someone else would have to comment on whether bhuts look pimpled right from the start as I've yet to grow them (just a week or so to go before they get here if all goes well!) but I have yet to see a green (unripe) bhut that didn't have a pimpled look.

I would say it doesn't look like a bhut but read this extract

* More proof that Naga Jolokia was most likely a chinense chile came from a 2004 fiery-foods.com reader. He reported that they had a lot of curry houses in Japan, and they would make some extremely spicy dishes, many with Indian Tezpur. Some of these restaurants even have jars of whole Indian Tezpurs sitting on shelves, he went on, looking much like a Caribbean Habanero, just a little bigger.*

"Just like a Habarnero just a little bigger?

Sometimes its fun to not remember what exactly you're growing, it makes for a more exciting wait till pod time. I personally do it with 3 or 4 each year. Its fun to guess and see how off or on you are!

Straticus said:
Sometimes its fun to not remember what exactly you're growing, it makes for a more exciting wait till pod time. I personally do it with 3 or 4 each year. Its fun to guess and see how off or on you are!

Try that with no heat and full heat habs and play pepper roulet.......

Back