• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment XOCHiTL (so' cheel) Habanero Salsa

XOCHiTL

"XXX" " Extremely HoT!"

They're not kidding! MAN! This stuff is hot!

Ingredients: Habanero Peppers, Onions, water, SALT, herbs and spices

It looks chunky, RED with lots of seeds. It smells, like onions and celery(?) and HOT.

I was blown away by how hot this stuff is. It's really, REALLY hot. It attacks the tounge and the burn doesn't let up for about 10 minutes. The only thing I didn't like was how salty it was.

Chileheads, this is your salsa.

Here's the effect it had on me:

Somewhat more detailed review here

I read your review this morning, nice job, Chuck. You should have included that picture in there. Ya, it looks like they shouldn't have added salt because they have celery and that's a huge source of sodium right there.

I sent that pic to Joe but he didn't put it up.

I don't know for sure it's celery; that's just what it tastes like.

You should try this stuff. It might be hot enough for you to detect a slight "tingle".

chuk hell said:
I sent that pic to Joe but he didn't put it up.
You should do the wordpress login and post it, it's really a great pic.

chuk hell said:
You should try this stuff. It might be hot enough for you to detect a slight "tingle".
LOL, boy do you have me nailed. I checked their site and they said that Whole Foods carries their stuff, so I'll pick some of it up next time I'm there.

imaguitargod said:
You should do the wordpress login and post it, it's really a great pic.

That wordpress thing confounds me. I just send my stuff to Joe in a word doc. and he posts it. Besides, need to save some cool stuff just for the fothermuckin hot pepper dot com!

:clap:

That's right! That picture is an exclusive :clap:

chuk hell said:
That wordpress thing confounds me. I just send my stuff to Joe in a word doc. and he posts it. Besides, need to save some cool stuff just for the fothermuckin hot pepper dot com!
Exclusives! I love it! Ya, the wordpress thing is a bit annoying, it throws in quotes when there are quotes already, most of the buttons don't work for macs...but oh well.

I picked up a jar of this salsa last night. It's incredibly hot. It's as hot as if you were eating pure habaneros. Super delicious too. I was about to start a thread when I saw this one. This salsa is amazing!

Its at Whole Foods? I can get there. I havent liked storebought salsa since someone gave me homemade. I dont care for jalepenos or green bell peppers- but I have loved everything containing habenero so far!

I found mine at a place called Henry's, but I think you may find it Whole Foods. I agree with you about the store bought salsa. Before I found this one, the only other one worth my time was "Lucky Habanero" brand, but it was no where near as spicy.

Well, I finally made it to Whole Foods (highway construction was a nightmare there for a bit). Hmmmpfh! I will never step foot into that store again. Oh, I admit I was tempted by the huge display of actually ripe mangos just as I walked in. I was on a mission for two things, however, and nothing was going to sway me. Xochitl habanero salsa, and gluten free bread that tasted like bread. Heard they had this amazing gluten free section. Well, it took some doing, and the help of an employee to find the salsa section, hidden behind one of those cardboard in aisle displays. behind which was a four foot wide section of salsas of an incredible range of brands.....all labeled medium. well, not all. there was a coupla jars of mild. In the Xochitl brand they had mild jalapeno and medium chipotle. Talk about disappointed. I look around at the demographic shopping there.....I ought to hold my tongue. my eldest son is always accusing me of being predjudiced against rich white people....guess it comes from being born on the wrong side of the tracks. I wont even tell you about my discoveries about their glluten free section. It makes me want to use language that is completely inappropriate!

Last time I grocery shop outside of ethnicly diverse 'hoods.

I'm so sorry, Celeste.

If you lived closer to me, I'd be happy to cook for you at least once a week. I'd love the challenge of cooking to suit your requirements....it sounds like fun!

Back