• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid yellow 7 crossed with scorp?

Here is what is suppose to be a yellow 7 pod. it looks almost like a scorpion with that tail. I never grew these before so I'm not sure.
008-4.jpg

If it turn yellow I could care less if it is a scorp or 7 really, both are gonna kick you a$$. I've seen small tails form on a 7 Pod, not really pointy.

hey Jim

there was pod variation, heres some Y7's ,, i too thought were Scorps and sent some to Bent to test,, but Over time they Fill Out, some still look Taily.. i was heaps excited as thought had Yellow Scorps got some y scorps going Now..

Trini sent seeds and said some were from a Plant that some had Tails.. planted seeds from Both Lots and they both ended up same, 1 plant had some taily pods 1st set, then other Plant had taily pods second set, a Lot grew Out some sort of Stayed

y7's
ys1.jpg

y7's
ys.jpg

yscorp2.jpg

will let ya Know when the Yellow Scorps are Up, ya be into those sooon Mate, will love them

Whatever they are, they look awesome and HOT! If they turn yellow, and you decide to stop growing plants, you can always send that one to me! :lol:

Seriously though, that's a great looking pod man. If it's yellow, it's gonna be a keeper and a sure candidate for overwintering!

Neil you might not remember but you sent me a package of Scorpion seeds a few months back. Well I got one to come up, I was just planting one at a time, and it now is flowering and looking very healthy. I am really excited about being able to grow/eat these peppers and just wanted to thank you for your kindness it is much appreciated mate!! :cheers:

Back