• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Yellow Bhut Jolokia - Amazing

I had a wake-up call today on this strain. I have followed many threads on this pepper to see what people are growing/grew. Many looked nice, but they just didn't seem 'bhut-like' to me and I questioned the heat/original strain.

I now stand corrected. I have been communicating with the original seller of the variety and asked about these issues. i got some pods in the mail today that without a doubt prove all he claimed. Incredible looking peppers. For reference, compare my picture of my homegrown pods to what was provided to me. Quite a difference, right? These yellow Bhuts are hot as all hell too. I was in serious pain and almost wanted to throw up as my stomach was hurting. lol.

You don't often see pods 5-6 inches long! He must be one hell of a chile grower!! :) For reference, they have the fewest seeds of any pepper I've ever grown. Again, perfectly consistent with the red strain from CPI in all ways.

Chris

P1090184.jpg

P1090179.jpg

Very nice. Well now that you know you have good seed stock, I can't think of anyone more qualified to try to duplicate AG's results next year. We will be watching Chris... no pressure. hehheheh

bought seeds from asia's garden a few months back and got the yellow bhuts as freebies. pretty awesome if i got stuff that looked like those when i have pods.

The yellow bhuts I have resemble those, mine are a bit wider, but 4 to 5 inch pods were common, and they did follow
the reds in overall shape and size. They are extremely hot, but not as hot as the red, I'd say (with my uncalibrated
tongue) about 700,000 to 850,000 scovies, way hotter than you want to snack on while eating your fried chicken!

I think it's an unstable cross/mutation/whatever is the proper term to a degree and most of us don't have large plots of land to grow 100+ plants out to continue to isolate for traits needed generation to generation. I bet it can be stablized over years.

I think it's an unstable cross/mutation/whatever is the proper term to a degree and most of us don't have large plots of land to grow 100+ plants out to continue to isolate for traits needed generation to generation. I bet it can be stablized over years.

Well, if anyone can get pods to grow right, it's Butch. I knew I could draw him out of the woods! I could take whatever I grew, give it to you, and your pods would look 2x larger and produce 10x as much Butch. The plant would be 2-3x taller too. :) You know it's true.

I strongly believe growing in the right land makes a huge difference too....ask Butch, ask PepperFever, etc.

Makes you wonder why no one on here has been able to duplicate those pods. What exactly did I pay for again LOL

I agree. Mine came close but not like those. I didnt see anyones that looked like that. Mine had a lot of seeds too. Iv'e re-crossed mine with the original red bhut and am getting pods now. see if they turn out a bit different.
those ones look awesome chris. I would love to get my hands on that strain thats for sure.

I've got 2 plants. I looks just like my fatalii, the other looks like what patrick has pictured above. Both plants were quite productive.

jacob

I just tried one of Jacob's Yellow Bhuts the other day. DEFINATELY a great tasting pepper! I will be grwoing every damn seed I have next year! lol And hell, I dont care how long they are, just as long as they grow!

Chris,

AG said that he and his friends tests all the hot pepper and he said that his 7 pods is the hottest one. You can check out from ebay.

LT

The one's I got from PepperLover, chocolate, yellow, and red looked like those. To me the chocolate was the hottest. :hell: :dance:

Back