• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yellow chinense...

AjarnV said:
According to a google search; Fatali: (capsicum chinense) High yielding plants, wrinkled extremely hot peppers up to7 cm long by up to 2 cm wide. Fatalii fruits ripen from lime green to lemon yellow when mature. Native to Central African Republic.
From; http://www.chillisgalore.co.uk/pages/growing2010.html

I'd be more interested to hear from posters here.
One of my favourites, alot of yellow varieties have a nice fruity flavour with a good heat

Fatalii is by far my favorite yellow C. Chinense pepper but I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Datil peppers. Grown in St. Augustine FL for over 300 years so it must be proven, nice citris taste and decent heat and an excellect producer.
IMG_3206.jpg

Well, those are gorgeous and make my mouth water. I think it's the Fatalii that I was most curious about; are seeds available? Do you know? Are they like growing any other chinense?

AjarnV said:
According to a google search; Fatali: (capsicum chinense) High yielding plants, wrinkled extremely hot peppers up to7 cm long by up to 2 cm wide. Fatalii fruits ripen from lime green to lemon yellow when mature. Native to Central African Republic.
From; http://www.chillisgalore.co.uk/pages/growing2010.html

I'd be more interested to hear from posters here.

They get a little longer than 7cm. Grow it once and you'll want to grow it again. :)
Fatalii2-Pods_6-20-09.jpg

I'd be more than happy to share Fatalii seed with you AjarnV, but I'm having the toughest time with my Fatalii plants this year. Don't know if it is something I did like over fertilization but not going to trade any of my seed until I figure this out. All the tops of my Fatalii plants have small crunchy top leaves, hoping they will just grow out of it. They were some of my best plants last year in the smackdown, not this year.

AjarnV said:
Thanks, I may do that. I love the yellow color. Have you eaten any? What's the heat and flavor like?

It's a hab so pretty much like all the others. Hab flavor and heat. Just yellow. I've got some fatalii's and Datil's on the grow right now too, but they haven't produced just yet.

Hey Espechili where did you get your Limon seeds from? The reason I'm asking is the place I bought mine from (Rainbow chili seeds) ended up not being true, had small orange pods instead of larger yellow pods. I want to try these again next year but need a little more reputable seed source. I'm not downing RCS, as they had quick shipping, it's just the limon wasn't what I was expecting.

Blister said:
It's a hab so pretty much like all the others. Hab flavor and heat. Just yellow. I've got some fatalii's and Datil's on the grow right now too, but they haven't produced just yet.

Sounds like a great pepper but as always I must point out that most if not all yellow habs aren't really habs, and personally I've never tasted a yellow chinense that tasted like a hab. I can usually tell the color of a chinense by flavor alone. In my opinion a hab has to have a hab shape and flavor and must originate from the Yucitan peninsula

That very well could be Potawie. Here's a couple of pictures of the specimen in question.

yellowhab02.jpg

yellowhab.jpg

Both my g/f and I agree that it has the 'fruity' hab smell - which we both think smells more like chemicals than anything - and tastes pretty much the same. Dunno if it's a true hab or not though.

Oh man, I completely forgot about those. I have a Goronong growing at the moment too. I really should write these down somewhere...

I grew Lemon Habanero last year. They were yellow, and actually tasted lemony. I left some on the plant until they dried out, and the color stayed yellow right up to the end.

It was probably me that didn't particularly like the cili goronong, its actually the first yellow chinense that I didn't instantly love the flavor of. I also found that with all the twists and bends in the pods that they get insect issues more than most other varieties

Back