• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yellowing.

I just checked on my plants and saw 1 or 2 that ate looking like this..

bff6e7fd.jpg

I was told it's over/underwatering. I'm thinking maybe it needs a transplant into a bigger pot. Yay or nay?

It's hard to tell the size of that container, but judging by the size of the plant, I'd put it into a bigger pot. I have had some pepper plants look like that from overwatering. Save the planet... it's the only one with peppers.

It looks like a 3.5" x 3.5" pot size, mine a bigger with really good structure and dark green color. I would say maybe not enough quality light or water. I wait for mine to wilt just a very little bit before I water them. They do not like to be over watered at all!!

i have a scotch bonnet on my desk in my ofice that i did this to. Too Much Water... had to let it dry up for a 2 weeks... finally back to dark green. Plant is about the same size as that onebut mine is in a tall round 6.5" x 8" pot.

Hey Pepper Boys you should check the pH of your tap water, the water in Charleston is 8.0 and is set that way on purpose to prevent the erosion of the plumbing system by acidic water. Anybody who has ever grow hydroponically knows the difference and how important it is to keep your pH in the proper range, if not you will experience nutrient lockout and your plants will yellow. Get a Ph test kit and some phosphoric acid 15% down solution and add just a few drops per gallon of tap water. When the plants get bigger you can just control pH in your soil with limestone and regular tap water. good luck.

Back