• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your best accomplishment, what are you proud of?

Thought I would give a chance to members to show anything they are proud of. It could be something you made, an award you received, a business you started, a event you hosted, something you changed for the better, whatever. Here is mine, a item I call The AEACC. It is a Automatic Electric Aluminum Can Crusher. I made this completely from scratch, with parts bought from the 'bay, hardware stores, metal suppliers etc. It took me two years to complete, and sits in my kitchen as a appliance. All of the machine work, welding, metal fabrication, wood work, and electronics is my own design and construction. I grew up with a home workshop, and have machine tools that were originally purchased by my grandfather in the late 1940's. This video was taken shortly after it was completed, I have fixed a couple minor issues since then.

[video=youtube;1qV_s2dG5U8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qV_s2dG5U8[/video]

The thing that I am pretty proud of is my rifle shooting awards. 2 National titles and 3 State titles. Also I won an international event when shooting against New Zealand.

I had a 6 year break from shooting and got back into it about 6 months ago and have been asked to join my state team at next year's national titles....:woohoo:

pip02.jpg

If I have my guess right, I would say that is their daughter. :)

Good kids are alway a great source of pride. I have not been fortunate to have my own though.........mixed feelings on that subject.

Damn SM you stole my answer. I was going to say my four year old son. I have accomplished a lot in my life, but it all pales in comparison to watching him laugh and smile on a little carnival ride tonight. The little things make him happy and to see the joy in a child's eyes is to remind us that we need to enjoy every day more and spend less time worrying about the small stuff and more time enjoying it. He is by far the best thing I could ever do for this world. Every life he will touch will be because of his mother and I and that is a huge thing. I am a lucky man.

67Man, that is a great invention. There's only one problem.........

You made such a well-built, sturdy, longlasting, reliable machine........there's no way WalMart or any other large retailer would every pick it up for marketing. :( But Hey! I bet you have a few potential customers around here!!! ;)

What am I proud of?

I suppose I'd have to say.......aside from my kid........ being self employed for the better part of my adult life and actually being able to make a living at it. At least until the last 6 months, anyway~~~ It's definitely been slow in the construction industry. I think the other thing I am kinda proud of is becoming a female journeyman in a predominately male field of work.

I remind myself on a daily basis, when I'm out working and the job is going to shit, that shit is not acceptable and we HAVE to make it work properly! And after solving the problem, it feels good to walk away from a project knowing the customer has a top notch, safe installation.

And the Hot Sauce?!?????.........that's the gravy~~~

What am I proud of?

After a deep thought, I must say NOTHING academically or financially etc.(if you don't count cooking)

Nothing except two Brilliant children. A son and A daughter who make me proud with their accomplishments in their profession and life.
And yes, I am very proud of my cooking (my wife, however , is not yet ready to accept that fact)

NJA

I would have to say my kids too.

There is one other thing that I'm specially proud of. Five years ago I went through a divorce. I ended up with everything including the kids. Talk about a wake up call.

I have a friend who recently told my ex that I'm doing a pretty good job with things. Most memorable is he told her that as hard as a divorce is on kids it appears that mine "haven't missed a beat".

I'm proud of my academic achievements and volunteer work. Also, most of the time, how I deal with my disabilities. Most everyone of my friends and family have stated that they could not cope with it if they were in my situation.

captainpepper said:
Who is she if i may ask?:)

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
She looks so pretty in a Saree and a Bindi. You got any Indian connection?

This is my daughter Avalon. And no Indian blood at all NJA, but this pic was taken right when she got back from India. She spent 2 months there at the beginning of the year in and around Chennai doing missionary work(yes, she's a very devout Christian. I, however, certainly am not. Not sure where that came from, but hey at least i have succeeded in being a bad enough example for her to not be like her father, LOL). Apparently theres a few leper colonies there that she was doing work in.

Back