• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Your Slowest Growing Variety...

yep i had a bih jolokia take about that long same as you i gave up on it and one day i lifted up the container and was holy crap

fitalii this fitalii that, I'm begining to think I'm missing an important pepper. Are they a fav hot or do they have some magical flavor too?

they sure are pretty but I have habs and bhuts, think that should cover me for my first year? I will add if for next year unless its a must have for all addicts.

Fatalii replaced orange habs as my favorite last year. The citrusy taste and the building heat are just awesome. It's not as hot as your bhuts, but hotter than habs.

chicagofire said:
they sure are pretty but I have habs and bhuts, think that should cover me for my first year? I will add if for next year unless its a must have for all addicts.

I believe the fatalii was the #1 favorite super-hottie on a recent poll we had, and its been my fav for many years.

You know, this year it appears that both the red and the yellow Corno De Toros are very slow off the mark. At two weeks not a single one has germinated, and usually they're up pretty quickly.

POTAWIE said:
I believe the fatalii was the #1 favorite super-hottie on a recent poll we had, and its been my fav for many years.

And we also have our friendly Fatalii-competition this year which got some of us to grow them even though we really didn't have room for one more variety:lol:

Alas, it is the slowest variety I think I've ever grown. Strong and healthy-looking plants, but they don't grow. They are natural bonsais...

Fataliis have always been slow to start for me. I think they are waiting for African sun, but have to settle for Canadian:) Actually they do usually start growing much better when they get into some warm sun.

hmmm... My fatalii's are going pretty fast IMO. But the only thing i can compare it to is my O hab (first time planting peppers), so maybe all my plants are really slow and my perception is skewed.

BUT my cumari is suuuuper slow compared to the hab and fatalii. 14 days to germinate (not bad), but its been 24 days since it stood upright, still don't have a full set of true leaves. Might have something to do with too much light though. The cots shriveled up.

PeteyPepper said:
I forgot about my white bullet hab, probably because it is so small as compared to my other C. Chinense.

Half of the seeds that I planted of this variety did not fire and the other half that did are dimunitive. I suspect that the seeds were not the freshest, even though they came from a well-known and respected supplier.

Sometimes that is just the way things roll.

:cool:

May I ask where you got your seeds because I've been having the same problem and My seeds are from a very respectable supplier

UnNatural said:
hmmm... My fatalii's are going pretty fast IMO. But the only thing i can compare it to is my O hab (first time planting peppers), so maybe all my plants are really slow and my perception is skewed.

BUT my cumari is suuuuper slow compared to the hab and fatalii. 14 days to germinate (not bad), but its been 24 days since it stood upright, still don't have a full set of true leaves. Might have something to do with too much light though. The cots shriveled up.

I think I've been having a light problem too. Do your plants' cotyledons start yellowing at the tips and then work its way down?

If so, What lighting setup do you have?

Sorry for the double post.

I have 2x 105 watt CFL's 6500k. None of my other plants did that, just the cumari, might be cuz its a tiny lil mofo.

If you post some pics i'm sure some of the more experienced guys will be able to help you narrow down what your possible problems are.

White Hab...Slooooooow

Here are some pics of my Peru White Habanero. It is growing unbelievably slow, although it looks healthy for what it is.

Comparative pic of the white hab and a Jamaican hot chocolate started at exactly the same time and grown under the exact same conditions. Also, the exact same nute schedule.

:shocked:
PeruWhiteHab_Comparative_02.jpg

PeruWhiteHab1_022709.jpg

PeruWhiteHab_022709.jpg

What's up with that? Anybody have any thoughts on this?

PrairieChilihead said:
My Fatallii are no slower than the other plants. My slowest are the Naga Morich.
Really?!?!

Interesting! Here is my best Fatalii (R) and my worst Naga (L) planted at the same time
sxbw2e.jpg

BrianS said:
Really?!?!

Interesting! Here is my best Fatalii (R) and my worst Naga (L) planted at the same time
sxbw2e.jpg

Well...my Fatallii aren't the biggest plants I have, they're just middling, like the Scorpions or Red Savinas, and I have one Naga which is about the same size, but then I have three that are just teensy. I'll take a comparison picture like you did to post. My daughter has an (indoor) soccer game starting in an hour and we'll soon have to leave so I'll postpone it. Maybe it's just not warm enough for the Nagas. Do the plants have different preferences or should it be fine for all if it's good for one? I'm just flying by the seat of my pants, really. :)

Back