• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Your top five peppers

1.  Khun Rabhi Hybrid Thai (Best Thai variety I've grown, and I've grown a lot)
2.  Fatali (Best flavor and heat of the non-Hab Chinenses)
3.  MoA Scotch Bonnet (Best looking and tasting Scotch Bonnet out there)
4.  7 Pot Brain Strain (For pure heat, primarily for making powder)
5.  Carolina Cayenne (Best flavor and heat of the Cayennes)

1. Wiri Wiri
2. Charapita
3. MOA Scotch Bonnet
4. Dalle khursani
5. Cheiro Recife (Semillas La Palma) all flavour, no heat

If it's to consume, here you go

1. Chiltepin
2. Naga Viper
3. Shishito
4. Takanotsume
5. Chocolate Scotch Bonnet

Purely to grow

1. Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
2. Bubblegum 7
3. Naga Viper
4. Red Savina
5. MOA Scotch Bonnet

Chileplants Lemon Drop, hate the wait for them to ripen but love the flavor
Serrano, Ive gotten more to ripen this year than ive ever gotten from any Jalapeno. Love the flavor too.
Any Jalapeno that produces fairly consistent hot peppers.
BloomIQ Orange Habanero....very hardy even in a smallish pot and producing very hot ripe pods daily.
Bonnie Cowhorn...Huge beautiful red pods and surprising heat level for this variety.

Honorable mention

Super Chile. I have 3 from at least 2 different vendors. They are insanely easy to grow. Take up very little space. Makes a fantastic hot vinegar and the heat level is super consistent. Mine also have a very black peppercorn like flavor which is very noticeable in the hot vinegar. Compliments mildly spicy pickles very very well.

So far:

- cumari do para
- joes long cayenne
- aji dulce amarillo
- Roccoto yellow "Riesen"
- tepin x lemon drop

Only Top 5 ?!? It is very hard to say but I try it.  

1. - Naganero ( Dorset Naga x Haba red ) - extreme prolific with extreme hot and extreme short time to ripen pods (60days) 
2. - Bhut Jolokia Orange - My first superhot variety which I grow before 4 years and my love for extreme varieties can start in full strength 
3. - 7Pot Jonah Yellow - Variety which has the best taste ever !!  
4. - Bhut Orange Copenhagen - extreme prolific variety with big pods and great taste 
5. - Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion - This variety is full of surprises ( regarding my mutant phenotype this year which you can see in my glog)

There's so many I haven't tried... Cumari really interests me.

Freshies...
Fatalii
Yellow 7
Shima Tougarashi [島とうがらし]
Blondie Baccatum
Yellow Bhut

Hot Lemon (from Burpee) - I have a 2 year old plant that's producing more than I can realistically eat by myself and the powder is good.
Aji Angol (from pepperlover.com) - It's like someone dropped a pepper factory into my garden and they look ... weird.
Aji Colorado - I could probably run over the plant with my truck and it'd still produce well. It's plant and forget.
Aleppo - The ones I have taste like a freaking cherry. I shoulda planted more plants.
Chilhuacle Negro - never tasted anything quite like it before, still don't know how to describe it. It will teach you patience though.

TheWalkingPepper said:
Hot Lemon (from Burpee) - I have a 2 year old plant that's producing more than I can realistically eat by myself and the powder is good.
Aji Angol (from pepperlover.com) - It's like someone dropped a pepper factory into my garden and they look ... weird.
Aji Colorado - I could probably run over the plant with my truck and it'd still produce well. It's plant and forget.
Aleppo - The ones I have taste like a freaking cherry. I shoulda planted more plants.
Chilhuacle Negro - never tasted anything quite like it before, still don't know how to describe it. It will teach you patience though.

Do you have any pics of the Aji angol? Seems mysterious *xfiles theme song*

RaelThomas said:
Do you have any pics of the Aji angol? Seems mysterious *xfiles theme song*
It was a freebie tossed into an order so I had no idea what they would look like. I have two different gardens in two different locations. The white background was from my container garden in a lightly shaded area and the other ones come from two plants in a garden across town in the middle of a small field. The fruits on both plants look pretty much the same so I guess it's either luck or growing conditions that gets the slightly different shape.

TheWalkingPepper said:
It was a freebie tossed into an order so I had no idea what they would look like. I have two different gardens in two different locations. The white background was from my container garden in a lightly shaded area and the other ones come from two plants in a garden across town in the middle of a small field. The fruits on both plants look pretty much the same so I guess it's either luck or growing conditions that gets the slightly different shape.
Wow cool looking, both. Cheers!

Back